Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm Home on the RS side---Hooray!!

I got home today and am very happy to be here! I do have Stage IIC ovca, but the doc got all but the dust sized specks. Had the primary tumor on the left ovary, it had grown from slightly smaller than a tennis ball to orange size in a month. Also found a tumor on right ovary size of ping-pong ball and tumor in right tube. Also had a fibroid and some endometriosis! So I guess you could say I had it all and they took it all. I had my first chemo yesterday in the hospital, using carboplatin and taxol. So far some minor nausea today, nothing uncontrollable. But the doctor said we got it early (forgot to tell you, my omentum was negative for cancer)and the surgery was a complete success. So my dear cysters, I'm on the RS finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry I am just posting but been away and just getting caught up with everyone.  So sorry about your news but glad it is early and I feel certain your "rebel spirit" will prevail against any cancer cells that even dare attempt to take a stand.  God bless and know you are prayed for~
Deb
Helpful - 0
Hi there, surgery cyster.

So glad we are both done. So sorry to hear you have OVCA, but thank god there is only "Dust" left. Hope the chemo kills off all this nasty stuff and gets you recovering for good. I posted my info so you can check my story there.

Praying for you and hope everything goes well. Take it easy, get your rest, and you are in my thoughts. I thought of you on Thursday because I knew we were both going under the knife together. This forum is really great. What support !!

Michele K.
Helpful - 0
Hi there. I haven't spoken to you before and I wanted to let you know that I know what you are going through and I wish you all the strength and postivity to get through this. I was diagnosed with ovca at the age of 29, 20 years ago and had everything taken out then including my appendix and bit of bladder and several seeds. This happened very quickly. I was confused and stunned because the opportunity to biologically have children was being taken away from me. After 5 sessions of chemo - carboplatin I began to recover very quickly. My health and mental wellbeing inside out became priority NO 1. The whole experience gave me enormous calm and over time great confidence and control over my body and life. It is an experience I don't regret - it was meant to be. I wish you all the very best and am here wishing and praying for your own rapid recovery. Much love.
Helpful - 0
Oh dear, I am so sorry that you were dx with ov.ca.  I am so glad that they got most of it.  We are keeping you in our prayers.  K
Helpful - 0
Bless your heart, you have a journey ahead of you....you WILL be able to tell people about it one day! I am so sorry you have ovca. I hope that all will go well for you and that chemo doesn't drag you down too much. When do you have another round? Are they gonna' do some rad treatments too?? I hope you will feel well enough to tell me sometime.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
By the way, how are your sisters dealing with this...seeing as how they've both had breast and now one has cervical cancer. Here you are caught in the familial loop....you have a brother that passed last year from colon cancer?? Are your parents still around? I'm just curious, because I've read that even with the genes, that it doesn't make a persons cancer risk go up tremendously ...maybe like 5-10%....But, not everyone is textbook- of course... I was also wondering if you've been to the Gilda Radner site?....It is ovariancancer.com and people with 2 or more people in the family with the cancer can be a part of the registration. I will be having my surgery on the 24th, I notice that are cysts are/were similar in size ...mine is now 5.7cm (I think yours was 5.5?)....And the doctor is telling me the same thing yours did...possible teratoma, endometrioma, or ovca. (though we haven't really talked much on the ovca thing...but he did say he will be doing pathology during surgery)...Anyway, time will tell. Just wanted to see how your family is holding up....I guess with the history, they will make good supporters!
God Bless,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
I'll add my happiness and prayers Rebel.  You sound like you are doing great.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
So pleased it was caught early! Wishing you all the very best for the coming months, hope the chemo continues to cause few problems for you. Lots of hugs!
Helpful - 0
cip
I was wondering about you, Rebel Spirit. I am glad you are home and on the RS now. It sounds like you have a good doctor and have caught things relatively early - my best wishes for an easy recovery - I'm glad your spirits are good!
Helpful - 0
Hi Raynbow, to try to answer some of your questions, my chemo treatments will be every 21 days for a total of 6 treatments. No radiation planned at this time.

You got most of my family history right except that my sister's cervical cancer is in the past. To our knowledge, I have the only active cancer right now. My family is taking it okay I guess. They are very upset of course, but have stayed strong and supportive. Both parents are gone, but not from cancer. That seems to be attacking my generation as this is the 6th cancer dx in 4 siblings. Only one sibling unaffected so far, a 58 yo brother.

Hi Tellme, while we have not spoken directly, I have been reading your posts. Knowing that you are a 20 year survivor has really helped me to keep a positive attitude that I will be a long term survivor too. Thank you for that!

To all of the rest of my cysters, thank you for your prayers and kindness!
Helpful - 0
Oh Rebel! I am glad you wrote, I remember reading your first post Feb 17 and feeling so bad for you. Thank God you are now recovering, sounds like your doctors are doing a great job. Take care and stay strong
Lots of love and prayers, Katie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I am so glad you are home and on the RS.  You seem to be in a great mood and that always helps the recovery.  Keep your spirits soaring girl, you are on your way.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.