Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
110491 tn?1274481937

Anyone with a longer remission here?

I wonder if there is anyone with stage 3 on this forum that had a fairly long remission (5 years or so)? I need to hear some success stories.
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Lh
Hi MickiVicki! I lurk every now and then. My younger daughter is very much involved with soccer (her team won the state championship this year!); my older daughter is graduating from college and we've recently moved. I'm working part time, writing really bad fiction and I'm taking some on-line classes. Busy! Busy! Busy! Hope all is well with you.

Helpful - 0
110491 tn?1274481937
Thanks for your posts. Some are encouraging. When I said "remission", I meant remission with no or very few recurrences. Because I am not sure if I want to be the eternal chemo patient but all I hear is, yes, I'm still here, but with how many treatments?
That is more frustrating to me right now than dying of the disease. I think I am hitting a lowpoint.

terrin2, I have not heard of a tumor marker below a certain point in the normal range having an effect on the remission. I thought that each woman has her own normal range somewhere below 35. But hopefully someone can enlighten us!

Schsongbird, I am not officially in remission, I am still in my first round of chemos with the last treatment coming up in two weeks.

Helpful - 0
Hi there!  Good to read a post from you.  I had not seen any of your posts in a while, and was wondering what had happened to you!  Seems you are doing well these days.  Good.
Helpful - 0
114870 tn?1210298346
A family friend was dx almost 3 years ago with stage 3 not sure if stage 3c but she had a 40lb tumor removed and left one ovary to have kids sometimes in the future.  Its now almost 3 years later and she has not had any reoccurences at all.  She is my inspiration.
Helpful - 0
Hi, Vi, my wife was dia Jan 2001, had 3 reoccurances, and still going strong. He attituted is anger at the big C, will not let it get it's way. Her Ocy also is of the same atitude, illness that requires regular treatment, thats all. Good lick to all
Helpful - 0
Gosh you girls give me strength.Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sue x
Helpful - 0
Diagnosed 3C in 02/1999.  Had the major debulking surgery - EVERYTHING removed.  Followed by 6 rounds of carbo/taxol.

In 02/2003, had mets to right kidney, right adrenal gland, right lobe of the liver, and the vena cava inferior.  The kidney, adrenal gland, and the right lobe of the liver were removed.  The vena cava inferior was reconstructed.  After the liver recovered from the trauma (about 3 months) I had 6 rounds af carbo/taxol and then 12 months of taxol alone.  I am now doing GREAT!  The last CA-125 was 12.3.  So, that's 7 years with one metastasis!! -- janez
Helpful - 0
120574 tn?1240767840
Hi, I was dx with stage 3C in Nov, 2005  still in chemo, but the CA125 is real good now 9.5.  Dr. told me a paper was recently published  a CA125 under ten after the third Chemo is a sign of longer remission.  I am wondering if this was true for some of the people who have had a 5 year remission?
Helpful - 0
Good morning all. I was diagnosed with stage III ovca at the age of 29, 20 years ago. Had a radical ooverectomy and 5 months of chemo - carboplation. Since then I have you could say led a VERY active and healthy, happy and full life. Stay positive.
Helpful - 0
Lh
Hi, gang.  I'm going on 5+ years after having been dx in January 2001 with IIIC Ovarian Cancer.  I was restaged three weeks later, stage IV, when cancer spread to my neck lymph nodes.  Chemo put me in remission until April 2003 when a tumor was found in my liver.  My wonderful doctor removed it, I had 6 more rounds of chemo and was back in remission.  My second remission has now been longer than the first one.  My doctor treats this illness as a chronic disease, something we have to battle back when it rears its ugly head.  I wasn't supposed to live out the year in 2001, but here I am.  I've managed to see one kid graduate not only high school, but college, and my younger daughter will start college in 2007, and I plan on being here for that, as well.  I don't know when cancer will rear it's ugly head again, so I just enjoy each and every day.  Never give up hope.
Helpful - 0
Id like to hear some success stories myself.  In addition to remission for 5 years or longer, Id also be interested in hearing from people who have survived 5 years or longer even with recurrences.
Helpful - 0
How long have you been in remission.  I can't say I have even come close to a 5 year remission.  Hope you do!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.