Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

update on me

Well I went back to the gyn, the first one not the loco one. My pain isn't as bad all the time. (I think I am just getting used to it) Bad idea telling her that. I had my last US on March 2nd and the first one on Feb 27th. When should I ask for another US? Since it is almost April. (crazy that the month is almost over and we are 1/4 through the year already) I just want to see this cyst either grow or shrink. I don't care which but I'd kinda prefer the growing one so I can get it taken out.

I peeked at the report from the last US it said 5.8cm complexed cyst on the right ovary. But when I talked to the Gyn she said it was simple... Bah im confused. How I love this cyst.

Thanks for the blah session.

By the way my real name for the real name bank is Lois

-Lois
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Lois, I know what you mean about the pain.  It comes and it goes and when it is gone you think you might have just imagined the whole episode.  It's enough to drive you crazy!  At least you know that simple cysts are fluid filled and of course you know my mantra?  99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
well when they first found it they said there was blood and walls in it. So i don't know. I am going to go request my US report and see if i can figure it out. I know a few nurses. i don't think its cancer but i have such a family history of cancer. Mom had breast and colon(not at the sametime). Dad had espogialical cancer. both when they were older and aged gracefully. And I did this test thing in college in those stupid PE classes. Said i'd have a higher risk for i think it was either ovarian or cervial. So im not scared of the cancer but i know there is still a chance. who knows i could be that 1%. I doubt it tho.

the pain has come back. I swear my body hates me. Its like I am doing great one day then next bam i hurt. Is it me or does anyone else cyst area hurt when you know you have to pee or you can tell your bowel movement is right by it? thats when i hurt the most. You know how they ask you if your having regular bm. I was like what is regular. I have lactose intolerance, not bad but its there. Those with it know what i mean. How i love doctors.

sorry for the long post.
-Lois
Helpful - 0
Howdy Lois! Your symptoms are not unusual for cysts, but the fact that your report and your doc say two different things is. I would definitely call medical records and tell them that you need a copy of your u/s report. Also, your maternal family history actually increases your risk for ovca (among others, like breast and colon)...I'm just concerned and think you should be certain that you are getting the care that you need.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.