Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Significance of Staging after debulking

I have a question.

My mom is Stage 3C...they did the debulking and the doc said he got 98% out with some specs remaining on her abdomen.  I guess it means she is STILL 3C right?

He said theres "specs" or "spots" remaining...I assume this is better than an actual tumor or nodule since the chemo will have a better shot at killing it, right?

Im grasping at anything that will improve my moms chances.  I just feel so bad and its frustrating because after everything she has done for me, there is nothing I can do for her now which is when she needs me most.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I pray she does GREAT also!  I want us to talk in 10 years and we both have our mothers around!  A dream come true.  I jsut read an article about a 92 year old woman that had a miracle.  Did you read?  www.seniorark.com  made me go out and get dark grapes, grape juice and a vitamin called reservatrol.  Hey what could it hurt to try!  Best of luck!

Tanya
Helpful - 0
Its a nice thing you said, but I feel so helpless.  I cant even begin to imagine what she is feeling.  She is Stage 3C so it has already spread.  Im so terrified it wasnt caught in time.  Im pinning all my hopes on the chemo working and adding 10 years to her life.
Helpful - 0
You know, just being there for your Mom is more help than you can imagine.  Just having someone to listen to her probably helps.  I sure she appreciates more than you know.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.