A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

:)))!!!!Battalion Cyber Party!!!!!(((:

:)))))))))!!!Time to Party Csyters of the Battlion!!!!((((((((:
Good Evening!
     I want to welcome Rebel Spirit to the RS!!!  We are still waiting to hear from CindiSue from West Virginia, ShellyBelly18 (Michele K.) from Connecticut and Brel.  Maybe they will join in the Cyber Party!  I hope to hear from all the Cysters new to the Battalion beyond our mutual issues such as where you are from, kids, hobbies.  
     Bring a goodie to contribute to the virtual banquet and I'll make sure the hot tub is ready and the beverages are flowing.  Let's have some fun!  MV
24 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks everyone for your good wishes.
Granville Island rang a bell with me.  I could not get tapestry yarn, to finish a needlepoint, but I found a place on the net. The business was on Granville.  I believe she has moved the business to Victoria.  I would like to see B.C. at some point.  My goal is to see more of Canada.  My hubby and I went to Nova Scotia(Halifax) and P.E.I. for our 25th aniversary 5 years ago.  I loved it.
I have( or had- I don't know if they are still alive) in Burnaby BC.  They moved in 1967 from northern Ontario and just fell in love with BC.
I had a much better day today.
Went to see Failure to Launch at the movies.  It was a hoot.  Try to imagine some one trying to give CPR to a bird and you get a bit of the humour.  Of course, Matthew McCounaguey(?) is not hard on the eyes either.
Good nite all.  It is only 10pm but I am bushed.
Helpful - 0
no problemo!!!! i might infact have 2 for u lol
Helpful - 0
can't come to the cyber party, but will send some nice wine
over to you all.  Have fun!  Kaci
Helpful - 0
105530 tn?1279585282
Mid

Thought i would come to the party cant stay long going out as it is such a nice day but you all have a drink for me ok.
take care all and enjoyyyyy your nightttt of rageing.
Your Friend from OZ Mid
Helpful - 0

Hi Raven Lady,

I wish that we could have a couple of snow storms here, summer has finished and its still to hot and we have a water shortage. I would love to go to America. Minnesota sounds nice. Enjoy your weekend.
Take care Kate
Helpful - 0
105530 tn?1279585282
Mid
Hi Kate I'm from Sydney
Oh Raven can you download some snow to me i have had this hot weather.
welcome Kate its a greattt place here.
Take all
Helpful - 0
Hi girls - hope I'm not too late to join the party - it's only 9:30 here.  I've spent the whole darn day cleaning my house - kitchen cupboards, drawers, the whole 9 yards.  I would hate to have friends come over while I'm on the RS and see how I really live.  I'm a bit of a clean freak most of the time, but lately just have been too darn busy.
Kateno4 - I would love to send you some of our snow girl - although a lot has melted in the last couple of days.  We had one heck of storm on Tuesday night - It usually takes me a half hour to drive home from work - I had a Council meeting that didn't get over until 9:30 and it took me an hour and ten minutes to get home.  I had no idea where the road was it was blowing so bad.  I really had to have  a pee when I got in the door and my knuckles hurt from holding on to the steering wheel so hard.  I'm counting the days till I can get out in the garden (Actually come to think of it, how soon can I do that after my surgery).  Maybe you could send some heat our way.  Patty
Helpful - 0
Hi, I agree with you Mid I'm over this hot weather, some Minessota snow would be nice. Raven Lady my partner used to be a scuba diver instructor and has been to the Barrier Reef. I would love to go scuba diving but I'm asthmatic. Do you go snorkeling? I went snorkeling for the first time in Bora Bora Tahiti 2004 lots of fun. Where do you go diving? We could all have a party in Queensland. There has been alot of shark attacks in Australia recently.

Kate
Helpful - 0
thanks for the invite to the party i brought along some canadian Jackson triggs shiraz and i am loving every minuite of it

cheeers!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey Happy St Paddy's Day (a tad late)  Wasn't you who went to see the Irish Dancers last week? Was it great?  Lord of the Dance, correct?

Helpful - 0
Yes it was me and it was absolutely fantastic - I've been hearing Celtic music in my ears all week and tapping my feet at my desk - my staff think I'm nuts.
Helpful - 0
It's fun reading about the weather of where everyone lives.  They just made it official the other day.  Out part of Ontario Canada has the warmest winter ever recorded.  We really only had snow is February.  January was almost shorts weather.  This is definetly not the norm.  Ski hills were not impressed by all of them managed to open- some with man made snow.  I am not a ski person but my son is.  We live about 15 minutes from some smallesh ski hills.  They still manage to supply the local hospital with fractures.  I use to work in xray.  One weekend was so bad( the bigger hill was open for it's firt winter and the moguls(?)  were bad.  The doctor in emerg figured they should set up a trailer with the portable xray unit and emerg staff at the bottom of the ski hill.  Summer gives us horse riding injuries.  That is the big summer pasttime around her.  
For the Australian ladies; my husband use to have to fly there a couple of times a year for work.  He thought it was a great place.  His only problem was that to visit all the oil refiners he had to go on 13 flights in 15 days.  They are all around the coast.  I did not trust him to drive when he got back because he had to adjust for the other side of the road.
Party on ladies, without me.  I did not have one of my better days today.  There is always tomorrow.
Helpful - 0
Gosh I get some good laughs out of this site!!
See you on the....not recovery side....other party side....??
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Oh girl, I wish you felt better.  Just take it easy and listen for a while.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I'm not to sure if I'm to late for the party!!! Its 12.25pm Sunday here is Sydney Australia. I'm new to the forum. Where is everyone from???
Mid where in Australia are you from?
Hope you are all having a good day/night.
Kate
Helpful - 0
Hey Mary - how are you - you mentioned hobbies - I am addicted to scrapbooking - I will be setting up my dining room table with my scrapbooking supplies before I go for my surgery on Thursday - it's the only part about being off work - I figure I can sit at the table a little bit each day.  I started doing family genealogy a couple years ago and everyone sent my old family photos - so one thing led to another and I needed something to put the pictures in.  I was one of those terrible moms who took tons and tons of pictures and then stuffed them in a box - well, now I am organized and have wonderful scrapbooks to show off.  
My daughter and I went to Paris last March for spring break with her highschool - it was great fun putting that scrapbook together (mind you, our rule was whatever happens in Paris stays in Paris - like the other parent chaperone and I hitting the nightlife of Paris once all the students were in their rooms for the night - what a blast).
Just poured myself a glass of white wine too, just what I needed.  WE have some really good Ontario wines (Kittling Ridge is one of my favourites, or Peller Estates).
Helpful - 0
Hey Jackson Triggs is good too - have one for me.  Spice
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I'll have a glass of that merlot, Mary.  Thanks!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I'm a redheaded Irish gal - I was in charge of our Irish Stew Supper at our Church last night - the only thing that was missing was the Guiness Ale.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear you had a crummy day livertrans.

I am SO totally an Irish wanna be!!  My family roots are British. (SORRY)
Ever heard of Granville Island in Vancouver?  They have a brewery there and they make a lovely pale ale!
I do colour my mousy brown hair with auburn highlights and we use Irish Spring soap, does that get me points? Oh, and in Grade 10 I had a terrific crush on a teacher who was Irish, I followed him around for a year, he must have thought I was nuts.
OH, but that accent....swoon.....
Helpful - 0

I wish I could join everyone for a drink!!! I can't drink at the moment becuase of my stomach and enlarged liver!!! I love Moet champagne!!!
Patty its to hot here today!!! I'll send you some heat as well as some kangaroo's!!! Has anyone ever tried eating Kangaroo??? My ex boyfreind cooked it for me one night telling me it was beef, otherwise I wouldn't eat it.

Raven Lady I'm part New Zealander (KIWI) Scottish, British, Maori and now Australian.

Another Katie do you have St Patricks day in Canada? We had St Patricks day on Friday I think it was. We have Alot of Irish People in Australia.

Kate
Helpful - 0
Yes any excuse to drink and get rowdy in Alberta. Brokeback Mountain was filmed near here, to give you a rural visual.  I live in a big city, close to a million now. For St Paddy's Day, we have a few pubs here where they drink green beer.  They used to toss "litle people" too (I kid you not) til that got banned. Not that I would know much about that anymore, but the twenty somethings sure get rowdy! My kids are all in different Canadian cities studying, and they said it was wild around the campus!
Helpful - 0
My son is in college as well.  He went to a nearby city on Friday for St. Paddy's day.  The bar was lined up at 9:00 a.m. so they didn't get in.  Some people will do anything for green beer.
Helpful - 0
Do I have to choose between parties??!!!! I am a Gemini, I can do both!  ha ha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.