Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Post surgery - It's not cancer !!!

Hey everybody, finally back after a rough week. Was in the hospital for five days.
At least it's not cancer, thank God, but I ended up having endometriosis pretty advanced. I had to have a TAH, which was a surprise to me. My left ovary was completely taken over by a tumor and was 7 cm. The right was already showing signs, filled with cystic tumors. My peritenium was also already getting filled up. The doctor said next would have been the uterus. We had agreed under the circumstances that I have my two children, if need be, to take it all out because I don't want to have to go through this again. Yeah, sucks to go into perimenopause at age 38, but knowing I don't have cancer is the best result I could have hoped for. I am now on a hormone patch and will see how that goes.
Anybody have any advice on patch versus pill? Don't know very much on this and would love some information.
I am doing pretty well considering, but have some pain. Can't be on my feet very long. The GAS pain is the WORST part. Oh my God. I am finally getting somewhat back to normal.
Thanks to all for being there.
Good luck to you all and I need to catch up. So I have some reading to do to check on how you all are.
Michele K
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im glad it all worked out well for you.  trust me though-i had all my stuff taken out at 24 and its nicer then you think.  no periods, no cramping...congrats on your info though!  i hope you heal well and quickly
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi, and welcome back. Sounds like a very rough week for you. Just wanted to see if you might want to check the thread from around the 16th and 17th of March under the title "Hot Flashes" in which there is information on post hysterectomy (including removal of ovaries) treatment ideas.

The posts from me are lengthy, but if I can be of any help to women going through this, I wanted to offer my experiences as a place to start. It took me months and months of research to figure out the hormonal jungle. I realize that not everyone might feel as I did, but as great as my doctors were, I had to seek out information on what was happening to my body after the surgery and how best to take care of myself.

So wonderful that it is not cancer! Take good care, Mary
Helpful - 0
Ya just beat me to it Mary! I was just going to refer Michele to your wonderful posts, they have helped me so much. I am forever in your debt.  Still researching...

Michele, I was wondering how you were. Now you are Shelly Swelly Belly! (oh brother)
You are so young for this, I am 48, just passed the 3 week post hyster mark, and realized that I finally only felt "not too bad"... today!  Felt like I had been hit by a train all this time really. The lying around doing nothing is terribly boring, but ultimately will pay off. You have had MAJOR surgery.  You will create adhesions and scar tissue if you overdo it, so Let It All Go! I too got the patch, right after surgery, Estramderm 50, but I ain't buying it in bulk yet! I am investigating bio identical hormones. See the other post. When you have time, look at the hystersister.com site, there is information there as well.  Best of luck to you
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
oops it is hystersisters.com  (plural sistahs) sorry
Helpful - 0
Well praise God that it was not OC.  I too am glad to see on the RS!!!  Keep us posted as to your progress!!!
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hey everyone, I am going to choose to think of this as a comical error on my part (can you tell I work in mental health?...the benefits of reframing)...instead of "Gee, Mare, how could you be so stupid to NOT know this"...but, could someone please let me know what "RS" stands for? I had to ask what DH meant awhile ago...geez, just when I thought I knew everything :)

p.s. Thank you so much for the kind words, Katie.
Helpful - 0

Hi there Mary.  RS = Recovery Side
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
EXCELLENT NEWS! Now to sit back and take it easy. I am now just over 4 weeks post TAH and feeling great! But, then I do a little too much and my body lets me know IT'S WAY TOO SOON TO BE DOING THAT JUST YET BABE!!!! So make sure you relax and let your body get over your major surgery. I'm so pleased you got good news and I'll be thinking of you along with all the other ladies. Get well soon!
Helpful - 0
Hi Michelle - Yippee - good news for you girl.  Now you can let out a big sigh - hoping you have a speedy recovery.  Also hope you continue to post and let us know how you're doing.  Spice
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome to the RS.  I am doing my happy dance for you!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
127990 tn?1198196845
I am so happy for you...and I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS SITE!!!!

I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday AM.  I have a 6 cm size cyst on my left ovary with pain and wt. loss.  I am admittedly scared.
Reading you good turn out has given me encouragement.
I have a history of cysts for yrs. and endometriosis.
Although I am 51, I'd like to keep my uterus and one ovary.

I pray for the best!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.