Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

6-wk u/s coming up.... Now why the bloating and pain again?

Hello everyone,
Been a while since I've been on here (about 3 wks).  Just trying to ignore my cysts and move on w/ life while I wait.  
Well this week I started my 2nd period since the discovered cysts.  I went pretty much symptom free all month, but then my period started (on schedule) w/ this dark-browish old looking blood, been crampy all week and still am, even though my period seems to have ceased.  What the heck is that about?  Not to mention, I woke up this morning looking about 3 or 4 months pregnant.  The pain on my left side seems to have gone, but the general crampy feel is there and well, sucks.

Anyone know what all that could indicate (the old blood, the continual cramping, the bloatedness)?
I was hoping that my cysts were gone.  Now I'm not so sure, and scared of ovca again.  :(

For the record, I am 28, 2 kids, and was diagnosed w/ either 2 small cysts on my left ovary, or one larger sepated one...no free fluid at the time.
Does the bloating indicate free fluid? What does free fluid mean anyways, ovca??

I will schedule my 6-wk u/s for this week, but in the mean time, I am scared again, and uncomfortable as heck.

Thanks for any help,
Julie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
SEE YOUR DOC. MONDAY MORNING!  thats the best thing you could do for yourself.
Helpful - 0
I had diarrhead this morning, maybe that is the bloating.  I don't know.  I'm still crampy, but no more bleeding.

Anymore answers?
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I used to have a problem when my period would start the blood was a dark brown colour and quiet thick, I would also get alot of excruiating pain with the bleeding. I have endometriosis and apparently Endometrial implants on the ovary can causes cysts these cysts are usually called chocolate cysts becuase they they are filled with thick dark brown fluid the is old blood.

I had a laproscopy 8 years ago becuase of the pain I was having with my periods had caused me to pass out and fall in and out of conciousness. Apparently I had endo on the bowel, bladder, appendix, and intestines. I'm not sure if I had any endo on my ovaries. Since I had the adhesions cut out I haven't had the problem for a number of years with the brown blood.

Take care

Kate
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.