Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
82818 tn?1206989814

ovarian cysts possibility cancer

I have cyst on both of my ovaries the one on the right is large and the one on the left is smaller. My question is has any one had extreme back aches. I take pain medication for two disc that are ruptured and it takes care of that pain. But I get really bloated and my back starts hurting like it has never hurt before.Hoe some can help me. My Dr just ran a blood test to check for the cancer and will be **** a ultrasound before my next apt
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
82818 tn?1206989814
Thank you so much for responding. First hope everything goes great with your surgery. Do you have constipation and weight problems you really never had before. If I didn't know better I'd say I was pregnant. Let us know how your surgery goes.
Helpful - 0
Hi MD~  I have similar circumstances.  I had my uterus removed ten years ago due to endometriosis as well.  I am also 46 and also have complex cysts and complex masses on both ovaries - which will be removed tomorrow.  My CA 125 was normal and my cysts are very similar in size to yours - maybe a  bit larger.  My doctor and the doctor I saw for a second opinion said there is a 2% chance this is OVCA given my history and the fact that it is on both ovaries.  Apparently those are signs leaning toward it being endo.  I also am a thyroid cancer survivor so I, like you, get very discouraged with all of these sudden health issues when I have always been a very health concsious person.    I am also strongly into peri menopause due to lack of uterus and also radiation for thyroid ca.  Given all of that my doc felt strongly the ovaries should go.  So, out they come!  Hope this info is helpful to you in some way.
Deb
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
I am seeing a Gyn he is the one that done the blood test you were speaking of with no results yet. On the 30th I go for my US and a follow-up visit. You are right is was due to low prioritzing. I get so overwhelmed at times with all the health problems. I just have to back up and take a look at things and go at it in a different way. The lymph nodes concern me no matter whats causing them to swell. I'm 46 years old and I feel I'm going through early menopause now. This is a subject I spoke to my GYN about also. You being a big help with all your information thanks again.
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
Thanks you for your prays....
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
Thank you for responding to me. In 1996 I had my uterus removed due to andometriosis. April of last year I had some cyst on the inside of my thigh also lymph node that were swollen and still are. That was when my surgeon had a CT done and seen one on my right ovary at 3.5cm and the one on my left almost 2cm this was a year ago. My Gyn did run the blood test you spoke about. and is going to to do a ultra sound he couldn't tell on the ct if it was fluid filled or solid. My abd stays bloated all the time but I also have liver problems and pulmonary hypertension. So it's hard to say why my stomach is swelling. Always better safe than sorry, right. Thank you again for your kind words.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Try to keep in mind that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.