Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What does free fluid mean? and is it always bad?

Is that what causes bloating?  Can cysts cause free fluid?
TIA

Julie
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've had free fluid since my first u/s in January....It doesn't always just go away....but it doesn't always mean something bad either. There's no way to know for sure unless it is biopsied.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
i felt crampy with them, then i had the agonizing pain when they started to rupture, then a few days later i felt better for the most part.
Helpful - 0
Thank you.

Did u have a lot of cramping w/ your cysts?  Did you feel differently when they were gone, right away I mean?
Helpful - 0
Hi,

When I had an ultrasound my left ovary was bigger than the right ovary. My left ovary contained a solid vascular corpus luteum with bi-polar dimensions, and there was some free fluid around the left ovary assosiated with the corpus luteum. I had a C.T later on and I had a cyst on my left ovary 2.8x3cm the doctor said it was most likely representing a functional cyst.

I'm not sure myself what free fluid around the ovaries means.

I also have endometriosis, which gives me a lot of cramping problems.

Hope you are feeling better.

Kate
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
no free fluid isnt always bad...it could be leaking from a cyst or a number of other things other then just fluid from a tumour. Both times when i was diagnosed with "complex cysts" there some free fluid around them, and both times 6 weeks later the cyst and the fluid was gone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.