Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Battalion Weekly

Greetings Incredible Women of this Battalion!
     This will be a very busy week with so many having Surgery
MickeyVicki will be having her procedure tomorrow to part with her polyp.  Hope all goes smoothly Mickey!  You do so much for so many here my friend!  
     DebR, Alba(lumeli) and Lacjmc all have their surgeries on Tuesday making them Surgery Cysters!  Hurry back ladies!  I am betting DebR hits the RS first as she is the runner in the group!
     JoyfulJoAnn is new to the Battalion and will have her surgery on Wednesday.  You will be on the RS in that glorius Florida sun before you know it JoAnn!
   Our own Dear Patty (Spicegirl) will have her surgery on Thursday, Mount Forrest Canada will be in a disarray until she returns!
     We will all be wishing Desiree (Raynbow)Happy Birthday on Wednesday and wishing her love and luck on Friday when she has her surgery.  
     Tonjakc is new to the Battalion and had her pre-op on the 17th so she will be having surgery this week sometime.  Let us know Tonjakc, we will be thinking of you and will wait here for you!
     If I have missed anyone or boggled any dates, let me know!  Keep us posted my friends and don't hesitate to let us help shoo away the flutterbys!  MV
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
To the rest of this week's surgery "victims" - I truly pray that all of you have the same great results and quick recoveries just as I had in 2004.    Remember that I went into surgery with a large complex cyst with ovary involvement, with solid components and thickened cyst walls - all signs of possible cancer - and came out of it with a benign diagnosis.    I wish you the best.
Helpful - 0
Jan - thanks for your good wishes - A 10 year survivor - way to go - you are an inspiration to all of us - I needed to hear from someone like you today.  Thanks again, Spice (aka Patty)
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Cyclone hit northern Australia. Lots of damage and minor injuries but I think everyone is okay - the girls in Sydney and me down here at the southern end were well out of harms way - thanks for asking. Mmmmmmm you lucky girl! I love italian!
Helpful - 0
Thank everyone for your support and concern over the past few weeks.  I wish everyone having surgery all the best.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
It's me making the sauce! Get's a bit confusing at times I know. Just at the sieving stage - about 1/2 way through that and then back on the stove for another hour or so. DH is going to do the bottling tonight so that he can say WE made the sauce! Hope you had a great Sunday. It's Monday 4.20 pm now and kids are home from school - got a little help from Georgie with the sauce ...... ummmmm, not sure where my two boys have got to???????
Helpful - 0
Hi Katie and Vixen,

The sauce sounds good I love home made cooking. I'm attempting to cook an Italian chicken and tomato casserole, it takes 1 1/2 hours to cook. I'm a Spinster during the day as i'm not working since I have had all these gyno problems and constantly going to the doctors etc, they all seem to think I'm a Hypercondriac. So my partner has his own business and has been very understanding. I can't wait to get back to work, I get sick of being at home. Although I do do some work from home for him its not the same. Sorry I'm rambling

It must be getting late in Canada?

Vixen do you know if daylight savings ends next weekend?

Have a goodnight

Kate
Helpful - 0
128158 tn?1209613918
Hi gals! I am new here. I want to wish you all well if I may as I see quite a few are having alot going on. I am an ovarian cancer survivor stage 4 going on 10 years. Good test results ladies and smooth recovery for surgery. Be well and take care of you. Jan
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Not so sure about DLS - I think maybe it does end this w/e. I hope so, I hate the dark mornings. The sauce now smells wonderful! Gotta go out for 1/2 hour to take Georgie to dancing so it's just sitting on stove top and I'll turn it on when I get back. So sorry to hear about all your probs Kate - keep persisting with the drs though and never think of yourself as a hypercondriac - I started with the old "this might sound stupid" comment to my GP and ended up with an enormous complex ovarian cyst that looked "suspicious". All out now, and I was one of the lucky 99% with it being benign! Catch ya later!
Helpful - 0
OK so,somebody...with ovary problems is making tomato sauce in Australia?!  Sheeesh sorry 'bout that, hey Vix shouldn't you be resting anyway?  Good recovery from Kate, she obligingly is making something with sauce!
You are not rambling, I am!
Jan/silvergal, Fantastic on the ten years! That is wonderful to hear. I am sure everyone would love to learn your story...Where are you from? etc
I am vewy vewy tired, Love from Katie-Who-Doesn't-Cook
Helpful - 0
Good luck ladies with your procedures this week.  Your cheering section will be waiting for news from you on your return!
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Hey WOW Jan! 10 year survivor Stage IV - that's great!!! I have a friend here in town with a sister with Stage IV and the medical profession have been quite negative. I'll tell her your story so she can let her sister know it's possbile that they're wrong! I had posted a few days ago about a video that is available online regarding a breakthrough blood screening test being developed in Australia. It's at the clinical trial stage and they are hoping to have it available globally within the next 5 years, sooner if they get additional funding. That'd be so great wouldn't it?!

Katie the sauce is coming along really well! Just cooling now and nearly ready for bottling. Tastes soooo good!! And YES, YES, YES, I'm supposed to be taking it easy, you are sooo right! But I'm listening to my body and resting in spurts. I can sure feel it though when I've overdone it! I'm due back to work on 31 March - secretarial in school office - but everyone there is so great and I know they'll go very easy on me! I only go back for 2 weeks and then it's school holidays for another 2 weeks, so it works out really well. You won't be reading this til tomorrow, so hope you had a great night's sleep, and I'll be off in dreamland in another 4 hours or so. Seeya!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Just saw the news and it says a really big storm hit down under.  Are you and all our friends in OZ ok?  Just pop in and let us know.  BTW would love the tomato sauce (my dh is Italian and his grandmother taught me how to cook).  Take care everyone and once again we will see all of the surgery gals on the RS.
Also: silver  way to go on the 10 years.  I know many women here would love to hear your story.  Also - thanks for thinking about me.    Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.  And loved hearing from the ten year survivor at this point.  You go girl!.  Hey MV if I am in the lead heading into RS I will just double back and get the others and bring them along!  It has been done for me plenty of times~
Good luck to all my surgery cystas this week.  
Deb
Helpful - 0
Hey your posts pop up March 20...before it's March 20 here. Duh I guess that is hardly surprising.  I must add Vixen that I was worried about you before, I thought "gulp" before your surgery, and I was sure glad it all turned out benign.  It sounded dicey.
Now I really am going to hit the pit. Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi to you to Kate, how's the sauce?
Gosh, what a lot of procedures this week.  Love and prayers to all of you, see you on the recovery side, hope it goes well for everyone. Kick butt and take names!
Thanks Mary for keeping track of everyone :)
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you Raven Lady and Tascha for the Cyber Parties yesterday, both of you are great Hosts.
Also good luck for your results tomorrow Tascha.
Gook luck to everyone having surgery this week, I wish you all a speedy recovery and hopefully we will see you all at the next Cyber /Battalion party!!!

Hi to Katie in Canada!!!

Kate
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Wishing you all well with your respective surgeries and recovery. Praying that everything turns out well!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are all in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to hearing from you on the Recovery Side!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.