Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

I am so irritated about this!!!

I called my dr.'s office again for the results, but the radiology center hasn't walked them over.  The nurse told me that they usually bring them over after 4:00pm, however, my dr.'s office turns off their phones at 4:00pm, so no more calls come in.  The nurse promised me that she would call me before she leaves.  Only problem is if she doesn't, the office is closed on Tuesday and the dr. is in surgery on Weds. which means I have to wait until Thursday.  I just need to scream!  ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!   Thanks for listening and letting me vent!
~Tascha
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Thank you for your wonderful words.  I do have a remnent on the left side, however I have menopaused, so not enough hormones are being produced.  The cyst in on the right side where the ovary was completely removed.  To be honest, I am leaning toward having everything removed.  I don't think I can go through this every 3 or 4 months and have to have a cyst and a little bit removed each time.  I should have an appt. soon as he wants to see me in person.  I will know on Wed. when my appt. is.  Until, it is just more waiting:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0

Gee, Garsby, I'm not surprised it's something unusual with you - you're the main person on this forum and it's only appropriate that your situation is out of the ordinary :). What a bummer that you have to wait again, wish you could have spoken to the doctor right away. I'm sure he'll give you a couple of different options to consider, but ultimately it will come down to what you want to do. Do you already know which way you're leaning? Do you want everything to come out? (If I remember right, I think you only have a remnant of one ovary left - and tubes!). Does your remnant still produce hormones? Maybe the doctor thinks that it will be enough to resolve your cyst. It's hard to fathom that, though, seems like the only logical thing would be to take it out. I'll try and find some info out about it on the net and post you when I do.
Hang in there, you're the absolute best!
Robin
Helpful - 0
Does it ever end...ENOUGH already!  I feel for you...but like you told me once...I'll wait with you.  =)  Always wishing the best for you.  You're like the board "mom"...always there with comforting words.  (you're probably younger than half of us though!)  Now it's our turn to help you through your dreaded waiting period.
Helpful - 0
I knew it....because you kept thinking about it and no-one knows our bodies better than we do! I always trust my first instinct now because sooo many times I have been right (in diagnosing kids or knowing something was wrong physically)...So, you knew it too and good for you for following up on that inclination that you thought you had something festering again! I hope all works out for you in whatever option you choose to do.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Hi Tascha - sorry you're having to do this waiting game yet again.  I often wonder how much more we have to go through and still have the patience of Job.  Here's hoping you get all the answers you want and no later than Thursday - you've waited long enough.  Spice
Helpful - 0
I am sorry that they are making you wait. I know that the waiting is the worst part. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and God bless.                          Erika
Helpful - 0
OH poor you.  At least you got the results.  Makes you wonder why they left the tube, they left my tubes too when I had an ovary out. Both tubes were covered in small cysts when I had the hyster.
Dawn why would they leave chunks like that I wonder?  Seems these pieces just give us problems and do not provide squat as far as hormonal support.
Hang in there Gatsby, Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
I am sorry that they are making you wait. I know that the waiting is the worst part. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and God bless.                          Erika
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thanks, I needed that.  The nurse is wonderful!  Anyway, just got the call and bingo!  There is a 3cm cyst on the right tube!!   That's right, the ovary on the right side was completely removed.  Anyway, my dr wants to examine me, so the nurse is going to call me on Weds. and schedule me to take the first cancellation.  Then she said the dr. wants to discuss my options (?).  She said that he may want to watch it for a few weeks and see if it resolves (how can it, I don't get my period anymore, I have menopaused), but she said he mentioned that it would probably be better if everything came out since my body is capable of producing these cysts without an ovary.  She is truly a wonderful nurse and has been with my dr. for over 25 years so she knows him really well.  Anyway that is where things stand at the moment.  A little more watching and waiting.  ARGGGGGG!! again.  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
There's nothing worse than waiting for results and to be thwarted at each turn is soooo frustrating! When I kept phoning, the nurse I spoke to was so lovely, but that didn't help allay my anxious thoughts. I felt like screaming too!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.