Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I think my cyst ruptured!! Need some advice

Hi cysters.  Well, I was diagnosed with a peritoneal cyst and I am wondering if it ruptured.  I was sitting at my desk at work today and I got up quickly and felt a burning hot, shooting pain that doubled me over.  I could not move for like 10 mins and then had to come home and lay down.  The pain is spreading from the area where the cyst is to all over my abdomen now.  It is going around to my back too.  I feel awful.  I am starting to run a fever too, it is 100.6 and I am not sick.  Anyone have any advice for me please?  I am worried.  Luv ya all, Dawn
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
I agree.  This whole thing is getting very tiresome!  I just want some good news and resolution to all of the health problems we are all facing.  Sometimes it gets so frustrating.  Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Has anyone heard any news from Dawn yet?  It does appear to me from the details that she posted that her cyst did rupture and that she has an infection...why can't everyone have my good luck and success with surgeries and recoveries?
Helpful - 0
The pain from those can be just terrible. There is definitely a risk of infection too. I am praying that Dawn gets the proper medical care, that somebody will give her some DECENT attention, help her through this and get to the bottom of it once and for all.
Love and lots of prayers from Katie
Helpful - 0
I tried to start a new thread to ask how you are but it won't let me!  We (I think I can speak for a lot of women here) need to hear from you Dawn.  Very concerned...you ok?  Thinking of you, please post when you can.
Helpful - 0
could it be an abscess?  causes fevers, pain...
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
I'm not sure, but I think if the infection gets into the blood stream then it will rage very quickly and so the 5-6 hours is probably plenty of time for it to take a really good hold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I just got in from my daughter's practice.  Girl, get yourself to the ER, now!  I hope that your cyst has ruptured, but you still need medical attention.  Please go!  Luv ya.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
hey dawn honey  let me know how everything turned out for you tonight.  your in my prayers,  you have saved me with your advice and help and i hope to repay you someday somehow.
Helpful - 0
Hopefully you have left for the ER - Here's a prayer and hug for you - take care and let us know how you make out.  Spice
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry you are dealing with this pain on top of all the worry.  Hopefully you went in and had it checked but I too am concerned about an infection.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
dawn, i have had this pain, twice.....I went to the er and thats when they discovered complex cysts.....both my cysts i think we "hemorrhagic cysts" and that horrible pain, which for me was comparable to labor was when the cyst started rupturing and bleeding...so it could be possible that your cyst was/is in the process of rupturing....hope that helps alittle
Toni
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
I agree with Raynbow Dawn. Get yourself to the ER or call your doctor or the ER to seek advice. Thinking of you.
Helpful - 0
Are you still in that "doubled over" pain like at work?? If you are in alot of pain, that sometimes stresses bodies out and I guess could raise your temp too??
Concerned,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Dawn, I would go to urgent care or the hospital ER....It is apparent that you have an infection of some sort because of the fever...your body is fighting something, whether it is a virus coincedentally, or because of stuff from the cyst. I hope you find out why you feel bad and get better soon!
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.