Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Its coming out

My cyst is coming out this week. YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I can start to get back to normal. Pre-op is tomorrow. I had another US done today and the little bugger grew a bit. Not much but it grew. The tech was funny when she went to my left ovary. She said, "Its puny compared to your right one." It made me laugh. My surgery is friday, I think. Not sure on the time or anything but hey its coming out. I can't even function normally anymore. I can't go shopping, I can't get a job because if I do anything it starts to hurt and in goes the pain meds. I think they are just going to cut me open not do the laproscopy. But I will find it out tomorrow. I AM SO HAPPY. I am on the way back to being normal with a few war wounds I can show off to my kids, when I have some. I am not scared or anything more relieved because this bugger hurts when there is a BM or my bladder fills up.

*does the happy dance*

-Lois
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
I will dance the happy dance too:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
LOL  I have never seen someone so happy to have surgery!  You made me crack up laughing!  Yay for your surgery!!  =)
Helpful - 0
Good for you, it is a relief to get things done and over with.
Best wishes for a speedy recover, Katie
Helpful - 0
I have been in so much pain that I know that in say 3 months I wont have to deal with pain. This pain has been going on since mid-Jan. Thought it was a bladder infection so I did the cranberry thing before I went in. Went in said bladder infection(really wasn't). Went in again still in pain said kidney stones, didn't see any on an x-ray (funny how you can't see anything that isn't there). Went in again said it was kidney stones but did a ct to see if any where there and BAM found the cyst, no Kidney stones.. The little bugger was blaming the pain on other organs that didn't do anything wrong. My drugs are kicking in. Yay for Morphine's Big Brother. That also helps with the happy dance. All I want is to be back to normal again. Now I get my chance.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations, and hope all goes well for you.  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Good luck with your surgery - I'll be thinking of you on ?Friday.
Helpful - 0
Congrats!  Hope all goes well.  Question for you - Did your pain gradually build over time?
Helpful - 0
The pain did gradually increase, then somedays (the days I do nothing and don't hold my pee too long) I have no pain. Other days I have pain like I can't walk.
Helpful - 0
What is the size of your cyst?
Helpful - 0
I saw a peek at the US today and at one point it looked like it said it was 6.2 cm. but its been about 5 cm
Helpful - 0
How is that a cyst can pain for a couple of months and then the pain stop but the cyst is still there?  Is it moving around?
Helpful - 0
it didn't stop hurting i guess i just got used to the pain. and i ignored it
Helpful - 0

Thanks for the info LoLo.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers for your surgery.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.