Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My surgery story

Hi everyone,

I had my lap done this morning.  I was very impressed with the staff there, everyone was so nice and helpful.  When I woke up the doctor was there to answer any questions.  What I heard was music to myn ears.  They got the cyst out, but it was not in my ovary at all!!! It was attached to a fallopian tube.  They were able to remove it without any complications and nothing else was touched.  I rested for about three hours and now had my first meal without any problems.  I have not had any gass yet but a lot of burping (sorry for TMI).  I am just so hapy that my ovaries were not touched.  I think my happiness has taken over any pain that I may have.  My insicions hurt when I move or do anything, but it is very bearable.  I have not taken any painkillers yet I'll try not to if I don't need to.  DH has been so wonderful getting me food getting me out of bed.  I will have him here tomorrow too.  I just feel so great.  So glad this chapter of my life is over with.  I am waiting for DOC office to call me with a time they can fit me in within appt in two weeks or so for my post op appt.  Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts.  I hope everyone else's surgeries went as smoothly as mine.  I will keep comming back to this site and see how everyone is doing.  

Alba
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm impressed that you felt like posting today, but of course you do have something to be happy about! And I'm happy for you!
Did they say what kind of cyst it was?
Happy Healing,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
The doc said it was a tubal fluid filled cyst atached to my fallopian tubes.  HE did not see anything that would make him think there was cancer but still sent the tissue for testing and I should hear from him next week.  The doctor said that this was the best scenario we could hope for as ovarian cysts are more concerning.  He also said he did not have a hard time removing the cyst, it was quite easy in fact.  I know, I am surprised my self that I feel so good, even the nurse could not believe how I could be moving so normally one hour after the surgery.  I think my diet and exercise must have helped my body stay strong. I usually exercice quite heavily.  My stomach hurts when I move though.  Anyways, you are having surgery on Friday if I remember correctly.  I will be praying for you.  I hope everything goes well for you too.

Alba
Helpful - 0
So happy for you...way to go!  Now you can just heal up and get on with things.  Love hearing these outcomes!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.