Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Battalion Weekly Update

Greetings My Sister!
     Everything went smoothly for MickeyVicki on Monday and Alba (Lumeli) amazed the medical staff with her reletive spryness only an hour after her Lap on Tuesday!  We look forward to hearing from Alba's Surgery Sisters DebR and lacjmc very soon, perhaps they will be back in time for the Cyber Party on Saturday!  One of our new Sisters, JoyfulJoAnn, had her surgery today so perhaps she will be ready to relax with the Battalion by Saturday too!
     Our own Patty (Spicegirl) had her surgery today and will hopefully be back in the township of Mapleton Ontario healing nicely soon!  The township will miss their CAO in the next day or two almost as much as we will miss our friend!
     Desiree (Raynbow) of the Appalachians celebrated her birthday on Monday.  She has her surgery tomorrow and I hope we will be celebrating her speedy recovery at the party!
     We have two new Sisters of the Battalion having Surgery on Friday, Lois (LoLoBoBo)and Mara (Maraekath).  We will definitly raise a virtual toast to these surgery Sisters at the Cyber Party.  We will be thinking of you all!  Mary V
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for prayers and thoughts everyone. I am now starting to get nervous. I was so excited but now im getting nervous. i feel rushed but oh well its coming out. is this normal?
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Of course it is natural!  If you did not feel nervous you would not be human.  Try to relax, we are here for you.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey Girl!  You are going to have to take charge of the cyber party this weekend.  My daughter has a softball tournament in Virginia so we will be gone.  I'll bring the laptop in case the hotel has wireless, otherwise I will not be online (sob:-()  Luv ya sis!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Those darn sprinters always get in my way!!  Glad she made it as I was not feeling quite so spry.  Still very puffy.  I think they used plastic tape on my lip because it is very swollen.  Between that and the puffy eyes I look more like a prizefighter than a marathoner!  Talked to the doc yesterday - she was a bit less clear than I thought she would be - or am I just imagining it?   She said the cyst on the left looked like a chocolate cyst and the right there was nothing on it necessarily but the whole ovary was enlarged and possibly there was a dermoid or other tumor of some sort in it.  I asked her why they didn't section it and she said because cancer is usually on the outside and this was on the inside.  So they sent the thing intact to path and will have the results on Friday.  How often do they tell you no cancer only to have path tell you there is cancer?  Am I being ridiculous?  I guess I will know for sure tomorrow.  Glad everyone made it through and so far no bad news, right?
Helpful - 0
I have a funny note to add in. The hospital called me this morning to get my info for prereg or something like that. I told the lady that i've been in pain. I had the I just woke up voice and im trying to think and be functional. Well she asked me are you in that bad of pain. I said, "No, I just woke up."

Made me laugh.
Helpful - 0
Oh, you both 'sound' just like I did in 2004!  I was fine until shortly before my surgery and I went into full-blown panic mode.  Then, after the surgery, my doctor said everything appeared benign, and even after the path report comfirmed the benign status of my ovarian mass, I had silly moments of wondering if someone had made a mistake and it was really cancer after all!   Oh, the tricks our minds play on us!

Yeah, I suspect the anesthesiologist overheard me telling the nurses that he had the personality of a fish on ice.  I had a puffy face and lip from the tape, and my throat was scratchy and sore after my procedure Monday!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.