Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ovarian cyst detected what is next step?

I am 37 and through routine physical exam/vaginal ultrasound was diagnosed with a 3 x 4 cm cyst on my ovary.  Ca-125 was 5.8.  I have another vaginal ultrasound in 4 weeks.  I was told the cyst looked to have some solid material in it--not just fluid.  What can i expect next?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks so much for all of the information.  I have a couple more questions though.  My uterus is larger than normal--any relation to the cyst?  Will that play a part in whether or not surgery is needed?  Also, my PMS symptoms have been horrible.  Any connection?  Again, thanks, you ladies really know what you are talking about.  This is the first time I've felt understood about my questions and doubts. Thanks!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hello and welcome! The hardest part is the watch and wait phase...I too have a cyst and it is "complex", meaning it has debris in it and a septation, it was 5cm on first u/s....These things do resolve on their own, but sometimes they don't and that's why I'm having surgery tomorrow. Good luck with you!
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome to the site!  Just to let you know, 99% of ovarian cysts are BENIGN.  Sounds like you are doing the watch and wait.  Your dr. wants to see if the cyst will resolve on it's own.  If not, it will need to be removed.  You have come to a great place!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.