Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Back from the Dr.'s

Just got back from the dr. and we are going to do a slight watch and wait.  I will have another us/tvus on April 17th.  Then if nothing has changed or it has gotten larger, we will plan on surgery.  Let me tell you, after the examination, by the time I got to my car, I was almost doubled over in pain.  I had to pop two advils!  My dr. also told me that if the pain gets worse before the us/tvus to call him and he will take action sooner.  I think I can hold out a little longer.  He said he does not like the idea of having to do surgery again so soon (3 months) after my last surgery.  So anyway, we will wait!
~Tascha
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That does not seem normal.  Did he 'rough you up' to the point that the cyst in the tube has ruptured and is draining?  Is there any odor to the spotting?  Is the pain better or worse? Have you called your doctor?  Of course, this happened now...you were planning to leave town.  Stuff like this only happens 1) at night, 2) on the weekends or holidays, or 3) when you have something important planned!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, the saga continues.  After my exam by Capt. Hook, I had some brownish spotting.  This morning when I got up, I had brite red spotting.  Anyone had this before?  I am 3 months postop.  Could the dr. have just shook something loose??  I have not had my period since surgery and blood test indicate that I have menopaused.  Any answers would be great as I am getting ready to to out of town.  ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!   Thanks Battalion!
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry you have to go through this.  =(  Hang in there!  You're gonna get a big prayer from me.
Helpful - 0
What the heck did he do to you?  Either he was really rough with you, or his hands are way too big!
We should make these guys audition to be our gynocologist by showing off their delicate hands! This is one case where "bigger is definately NOT better".
So glad to hear your pain is diminishing.
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Hey! Why are you in so much pain? That's not right.  Who'd you see....your gyno?  Last time I saw mine he tried to clean my teeth from the wrong end! (don't remember where I heard that)
What kind of pain...cramping?
I just don't like knowing you are in pain.....no....I'm glad I know......I just don't want you to be in pain.
Wish I could help....hopefully it won't  be long lived.
Stay in touch, kid.
You deserve to be wrapped in Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thanks ladies!  The pain is subsiding, but you are right, I think my gyno was cleaning my teeth!!  lol.  I know that it won't be too long.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
It was not a crampy kind of pain.  It sort of felt like he must have moved something, cause it was like my post surgery pain.  Now it is down to about a 4 on the pain scale.  He said if it gets worse to let him know, but the advil seems to be helping.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Watch and wait.  same old song and dance, but we will be here to help you keep your sanity thru it.
Helpful - 0
When I went to my GYN at the clinic last May they found a mass and every 2  months I went back to him and it felt like he was trying to dig it out.He told me it was necesary. I told him in Feb he couldnt do an exam on me , just tell me what he was going to do about mass. Nothing of course so now Im having surgery  on April 3rd at Moffit cancer center. Hope your feeling better. Quinncy
Helpful - 0
My doctor has humongous hands, I told him he should have gone into a field where he was working with cows, elephants or some large mammal. Gosh those pelvic exams hurt sometimes. Maybe we should give their "crown jewels" a nice hard squeeze on occasion, just to wake em up and remind em what they are working on.
I mean, Geez Louise, look at the commotion when boys get "canned" playing sports or something. Good grief. Doesn't an ovary trump a testicle?
Helpful - 0
Dian, I love what you wrote, it just popped up now! TOO FUNNY
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I hate the thought of you being in pain. Are you feeling any better yet? The Battalion Commander can't be sick!
It must be frustrating for you, torn between wanting to know what's going on for sure and wanting to heal up completely from your last surgery. I wish the darn cyst would disappear *poof*.
I'm sure praying for you. Hang in there and you know we'll wait with you!
Robin
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
It is on the tube and it is fluid filled.  The wait is not that long actually - 3 weeks so I "think" I can wait that long!!:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.