Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

went to ER, complex cyst, tramadol for pain

I'm glad I went... I'll save all the logistical hoops I had to jump through and go straight to the juicy part...

They went ahead and drew the CA-125.  They sent me to MRI.  They diagnosed me with a complex cyst and made me an appointment on Thursday with a GYN surgeon.  I asked for copies of both the US and the MRI...

Here is the MRI report. "8.4x7.8x9.0 cm cystic lesion with two thin septations arising from the region of the right adnexa.  This demonstrates no obvious soft tissue components or nodularity.  The primary consideration for this lesion would be an ovarian cystadenoma.  A malignant ovarian neoplasm cannot be excluded but may be less likely given the lack of nodularity or obvious solid enhancing component. Primary diagnosis: abnormality, attention needed.  Secondary: possible malignancy, follow up needed."

Another part commented on a follicular cyst (3x2 cm) on left ovary.

Also, my US report said that there were "a couple of small rounded cystic structures  adjacent to the endometrial stripe in the lower uterus/cervix, probably small nabothian cysts rather than subendometrial cysts."

1) I actually am not freaked by the possible malignancy part, because Tascha has drummed into me this week that 99% of these are benign.  I am actually feeling calm. :)

2)  What the heck is a nabothian cyst on my uterus?

3) They gave me Tramadol for my pain.  I refused narcotics and can't take anything like motrin/aleve.  Anyone have any feedback on tramadol?

Sending good thoughts to everyone
Cathy
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have nabothian cysts on my cervix. They are benign. You could do an internet search and learn more about it. I think as we have children and of course, age, we get them. I've had 2 kids.
I'm glad you have the answers you wanted now!
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Hi there!!!  I'm glad you got things looked at.

Nabothian cysts are common in women who have had babies, and as we age, there kinda like pimples, yucky, but harmless.

Tramadol (Ultram) is an excellent non-narcotic pain reliever, and it works best if you take it along with acetaminophen (Tylenol), especially for chronic pain.  It works very well without too many drowsy type side effects.  I've been using it on and off for years, first introduced to it when I had a really bad car accident back in 1996.  It was fairly new then and what I like about it best is that it works, really takes the edge off the pain and doesn't fog my head up.  Another non-narcotic that works very well is Torodol, which is like a souped up ibuprophen.

Anyhow, you sound great.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
A nabothian cyst is just a begnin thing.  They can be drained if necessary.  I don't know if they go away on their own.  Someone I know had one years ago and there definitely no reason to worry.
Helpful - 0
Ha! Aren't you glad we told you to go?  I am SO GLAD you went, you were quiet there for a bit so I wondered...??? Don't worry about the follicular or nabothian cysts. I think the whole thing sounds pretty good actually.

Barb, Torodol, awww the drug of champions, I had that last month in the hospital and was one happy gal. So much better than morphine.  Had a little gravol too, yummers.
Good for you Cathy!
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Great, sounds like you are going to get the care you need.  Thanks for listening to my 99% speech, glad it helped.  Keep me posted and let me know when your surgery is.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.