Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Cancer

I recently just went into the hospital, casue i was have have sever lower abmodim pain. the doctor said that he thought i had a ovarian cyst that had ruptured. And the thing is that i have had the paing before, on a scale from 1-10 my pain was over a 10 it was at least a 15. I couldnt walk or sit down, i had to neel down and cluntch over casue it hurt so bad. I show all signs of ovarian cancer, but i am only 21 so i dont see how i could have that!!! And the bad thing is that i have no medical insurance, i have two children i cant afford it and me myself i cant get on MA through my county, even though my children are qualified for it. But anyways i dont know what to do i am scared!!!!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am happy to hear that the u/s at the er was unremarkable. The only thing i can suggest is to remain intuned with your boody.  I am happy to see that you did follow up the sad thing is with younger people they have a tendancy to dismiss younger people.  I have a friend that went in for her annual and they found a lump in her breast,.... well the dr said it is probably nothing just a fibro cyctic breast. went ahead and did a mamo.  well the mamo was not clear.. so he said we can do a biopsy now or ck it in a few months and see if it has changed.  well she opted for the biopsy and low and behold it was breast cancer.. she was only 27 at the time.  No family history of cancer either.  Thank God she is doing well and is in remission.  this was almost 10 years ago so things are looking very good for her.  But the thing was that she remained diligent as you did.  Please keep us posted and I hope you continue to feel well. God Bless
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear you are in such discomfort.  I hope you feel better.  You are very right in that the chances of it being cancer are pretty small due to your age and also having children.  However no one should have to deal with a 15 on the 1-10 pain.  That must be aweful.  I am not too sure where you live but here in Northern california there are clinics that go on a sliding scale.  Meaning they will give you medical treatment and ins. based on your income.      
You may want to see if you have some of these avail . in your area.  

Please try stay a calm. (I know...eaiser said then done..)but just remember that the odds are ALL in your favor :-).  please keep us posted and God Bless You!
Helpful - 0
Hey there, kiddo.....and I do mean that....you are a very young woman with many, many years ahead.  
How often do you have pain at level 15 when the scale runs from 1-10 ?  If it happens on a monthly basis only, it is probably the rupture of a functional cyst....it shouldn't hurt like that, though.
Regardless of how often it happens, next time you are in pain, go straight to your nearest ER......they will take care of you regardless of your insurance situation......they have to....it is the law. Often times, even those with insurance prefer going to the ER because things seem to be resolved more quickly when treatment begins there.
Many, many people in this great country of ours are without health insurance.....don't be embarassed....it is not your shame to bear.....our government should hang it's head in shame.
That is another matter.....anyway.....you get to the emergency room when you need medical attention.....your children need you, and you need to be healthy.
Peace kiddo!
dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome.  Mary V is right, 99% of ovarian cysts, masses, tumors are benign.  There are many progams out there that can help you.  Check with the local offices in your area.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks to everyone! When I went into the ER they gave me a pelvic exam and a ultrasound. THey also checked my IUD, and they said that it was still in place. The doctor said that he tought i had a ovarian cyst that had ruptured and that was that , he also wanted me to go in for a follow up exam.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. Your pain must be extreme and you certainly need to get on top of this as soon as possible. I know you are scared, but here you will find some very wise women who will be able to help you through. So keep reading the posts and keep us up-to-date with your progress. I wish you well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.