Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back from doc, and...

I have to leave for school soon, but I just wanted to let you all know that I went to the doctor today and as of last Wednesday at least, my cyst has resolved itself!  Yay!!  (knock, knock on wood)

The doc doesn't know why I still have pain and discomfort though.  It could be lingering pain from the cysts, or he said an imbalance from my birth control pills, scar tissue, or something else like endometriosis.  He says it's hard to tell some of those without surgery, but that I should wait and see what happens with the next cycle and possibly switch birth control pills.  Soooo, the news was better than I expected for now at least.  :)  I don't want to get my hopes up that it will all go away, but at least today was good news.  Now it's just a matter of wait and see what happens with my body in the future.  

I have such an awesome gyno doc, he took time to answer all my questions and was very patient with me.  That is the best kind of doc I think you can find.  

Thank you all sooo much for standing by me through all this!  You have been such a nice support team.  I don't think my stay here has come to an end just yet, so I will be sure to keep coming back to check on everyone and moan and groan if I need to.

Thanks again.  :)
Julie
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm happy for you! Enjoy the breath of fresh air and take care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
We need you to stay.  The more experience you have the more you can help the new visitors with their questions.  You are vital to this site and I for one would miss you:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone, I don't plan on leaving, I like it here.  ;-)  I just prefer to be here by choice in the future, instead of by feeling "need" (did that make sense?)  Meaning, hope it's not because I continue to have problems.

By the way, anyone ever hear of symptoms still lingering after u/s show nothing?  I sure still ache.  Just wondering what could be going on in there.

J.
Helpful - 0
Yay, Julie!!!!!
I'm so very happy for you! Stomp, stomp, stomp! Hopefully your discomfort will go away soon and you'll be feeling good as new. I know you were so worried - that was the worst part, huh? It will be easier to wait and see what happens now that the waiting no longer involves the nasty cyst.
Gee, I hope you do stick around. You're one of my Arizona cyst-ers! Fill your mind with happy thoughts now, you deserve it.
Robin
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You know I am doing the Happy Dance!!  Yipee
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
dtc
great news.
very happy for you.
Helpful - 0
Yeah Julie!!!
Helpful - 0
WHOO - HOOO!!!!
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
That's great news Julie! I'm doing the happy dance in the land of Oz right now!!
Helpful - 0
Congratulations Julie...that is great news. Having a great OBGYN is a plus! Mine is so patient with me even when I'm freaking out!
Please remind me...were your cysts complex?
Thanks!
Marcy
Helpful - 0
Yes...that's great news!  Good for you, I know you must be thrilled!  :::doing the happy dance:::
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.