Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stupid doctors!!!!! Second opinion?

Okay so I am pretty livid at the moment.  I went for an appointment with my GYN just to ask him question for my JUNE surgery.  I first said to him " the last time I was in you mentioned that you were 95% sure that I had endometriosis" and before i could continue he cut me off and said " i never said such thing"  I was like okay well than, i just let it go. Than I asked him what the difference is between a pelvic mass, endometrioma and complex mass because it was on my US and he said that i dont need to know what they mean and they are of no concern. Than I asked him what would have to happen to change a laproscopic surgery to a laparotamy, and he said that they would go in and if it was bad that they would stitch me back up and redo the laparotomy a different time.  And i said that I didnt like that because i dont want to and cant afford to have two surgeries.  He was offended and said that It is clear that I am not ready for surgery and that he was going to put a question mark on my surgery date.  He said that wasnt comfortable operating on me because I question is surgery capabilities or some **** like that.  And I said that I never said that, and three times he said is that it? and i said i dont appreciate you rushing me and he still ignored me and was rude to me.  What the hell.  Now I am going to have to find another Doctor and be put on a longer waiting list for surgery.  I am pretty angry right now I needed to vent.  I thought that it was going to turn out good and now I am pretty much not having surgery until i find someone else and this big cyst just gets bigger
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, go for a second opinion.  This jerk sounds like the type who  would accidently remove the leg of a woman  who only needed her toe nails trimmed!  Geez.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
Doctors like that need to be punched in the nose. Do they not understand we ask question because we are concerned about our health. In my opinion when they get offended to that degree. They are hiding something about their capabilities, and you should definitly get that 2nd opinion.
Helpful - 0
I just cannot believe these Dr stories...that is so awful. I mean it's bad enough to be nervous, and not feeling well, but to be treated so badly on top of it...UGH!
I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'm sure there is a better Dr out there for you!
Marcy
Helpful - 0
i am so upset i dont know what to do.  I took some names off a list and I will bring them to my doctor and see if i can get a referral to one of them.  Who is good off this list? and how would I know?  I am so confused.
Helpful - 0
OH, that just makes me so angry! He had absolutely NO RIGHT to treat you like that. Any informed, intelligent woman would want to know the answer to those questions! He is the one who is totally out of line here. I am SO sorry that this happened, how frustrated you must be. The silver lining here, though, is that it's better to find out NOW the kind of doctor he is. You definitely don't need to be dealing with this during and after a surgery. Most doctors are able to turn a laparoscopy into a laparotomy on the same day if necessary, and usually will have you do a consent form for just that. You might want to consider calling some gyns tomorrow and telling them your situation. They may be able to get you an appt right away, and then you could possibly be scheduled even sooner for surgery. A lot of the women on the sites here wait longer for their first appointment, and then their surgeries are scheduled within a week or two after that. You may just end up having your surgery in April or May! Try to not let this jerk depress you, everything happens for a reason. Guess that you're meant to have a better, communicative doctor who will work WITH you, not against. Hang in there,
Robin
Helpful - 0
Boy do I have an idea of how you're feeling.  It absolutely sucks to be treated like that.  I'm so sorry, hang in there and don't give up...this WILL work itself out (although it may take longer now).  I know you're so frustrated and have every right to be.  What a jerk...if you think about it...would you really want someone like that even near you?  This happened for a reason and you're probably lucky not to have him anywhere near your body.
Helpful - 0
Obviously this doctor doesn't know the difference between a pelvic mass and endometrioma!!! I wonder if he knows the difference between a Girl and Boy yet!!!
Do you have any freinds who have had any experience with a good gyno? Poor Bannanie is on the lookout for a new doctor as well, So am I.
Perhaps the Battalion should go on a riot/protest outside this doctors office.

I hope that you find a doctor soon.

Take care

Kate
Helpful - 0
The guy is a jerk.  They should realize you are a nervous wreck and need some help and kindness...

Do you have any friends who are nurses? or know of any you could ask? They know who all the evil vs good doctors are....
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much!! I will tell her indeed :)

The only problem that I feel that I have is the overwelming issue of not being able to have it out.  The jerk dr couldnt understand that and just kept repeating that I wasnt ready.  I could rip up some curse words that would make the ground shake lol, but i wont :)

I am just afraid that i keep getting treated like this and that there is some mark on my file that says "difficult to deal with"  and I am not. I just know something has been wrong and have been passed around from dr to dr for 13 yrs.  He told me to that the only problems that i will have with endo is abdominal pain.  No headaches, nausea.. nope he says that has nothing to do with it.  He is a crack pot that needs to give back his cracker jacks certificate as a medical professional.  

I am not sure if I want to say cuz he is a man or where he is from but, he acted as if he was playing God and I had no right to ask or not agree with his procedure.  RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

He is an idiot.  lol

there we go i feel great now,

ty blue for helping me vent. I saw your post above mine and it helped lol..

Helpful - 0
tsk,tsk,tsk to the cold-hearted doctor! One that doesn't satisfactorily answer your questions is one that shouldn't be seen....Find someone who doesn't mind to take the time to respond to you. This doc obviously has a terrible bed side manner. I assume he just didn't want to take the time to explain all the details of each type of problem because it doesn't matter in the long run, all that matters is that it's out and it's benign...but if you asked, he should've answered appropriately and I'm sure you didn't question his surgical "expertise", but after his tantrum, I bet you do now! Get a new doctor and tell them you have questions but don't go into detail about what happened with the previous doctor, you don't want to make a habit of bad doc-patient relationships!! Can you take a little trip over the border and come to a US emergency room or something?!?!?
Good luck,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I wonder what he would have said if you asked him what he would do if it was his wife or daughter he was talking to.  Doesn't concern you?  Since when does your body not concern you?  I think he needs a visit from the Battalion!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
That is the problem, I need to come to the states for faster and more better service. I was thinking that it was my fault because everytime I go to a doctor they treat me like this.  I dont understand.  All in all I am glad it happened because i wouldnt want that jerk opening me up in any way.  Simple question take minuites to answer even if they dont have anything to do with what the problem is. My worry now is that when i do go see someone that I am going to be pushed to the bottom once again and if I say anything they are going to see me as difficult. I tried to explain to him that I am a single mother and no one to help me make my decisions. He made me feel like I was to immature to make this decision... Oh man I am seeing RED!!!!!!!

Gotta go drink lol j/k

Angela
Helpful - 0
Thank you all really. You have all been so helpful to me since January and very supportive.  I really dont have anyone to turn to not even my own family. Its crazy.  I wish that you guys lived closer :(

Mary V- Grace is doing awesome its her birthday on Saturday she is going to be Three.  

You guys are all great and I love you all seriously you have no idea.  Funny where you find your hope and support from.  

Thank you

Angela
Helpful - 0
Hi Angela, I had a similar experience with a gyno here (you're not in Saskatchewan are you?), some drs just have little or no people skills.  I got a second opinion.  If they don't have time or don't want to answer your questions just get a second opinion.  Do you have any relatives or friends that work at a hospital?  My sister-in-law worked as a social worker in the gyn department so knew many of the nurses and explained my problem and asked them who they would see or recommend.  She gave me a list of the top three to see - would you believe the guy I blew off was number three (all the nurses agreed he was a jerk, but he knew his stuff).  To me I wanted the whole pkg (someone who knew their stuff and was personable) so I went to see someone else.  I've also called the receptionist at a clinic explained my situation and asked who she would see.  I got an honest answer and she was happy to help me out.  
About the scope, they started out mine with a scope and told me if it looked bad they would switch to the full laproscopy.  Mine didn't look bad but the complex cyst had grown into my tube and the couldn't get it by scope so they switched to the laproscopy right away.  

Debbie
Helpful - 0
I am from Ontario.  Very limited doctors here.  Expecually in my city it is huge.  I know one person that is in the hospital and I am going to find out maybe I will even call the hospital to find out.  Not sure if they can help me or not but i guess it doesnt hurt to try.  
Helpful - 0
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is how i feel all the time... All these doctors have my records and know that I am a problem patient..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.