Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

7 Week Post-Op appt done!

Well, today was my 7 week post-op and I'm cleared to go back to work next week.  I'll be seeing my gyn on a 3 month basis but only have to see the gyn/onc every 6 months.  I asked about the chances of recurrance for borderline cancer and he told me 'well, I can't say 100% no because life just doesn't work that way....so how about 99.99% no?'  If he weren't so cute and didn't have such a positive attitude, I would have smacked him -- had to wait 3...yes I said 3 hours.  Boy, there were some pi$^&%&%(^ed-off people waiting in that waiting room, but I kept my cool and just off-handedly mentioned I'd waited 3 hours....eye-brows shot up!  Plus I got an apology from both dr and nurse and she ran over to take care of me right away when I left, so I guess my coolness paid off.

Oh, he asked if I was 'thinking' about having sex....'Heck yes, I think about it all the time!'  Silly man.

Sorry for rambling.  Happy, happy,joy, joy!

Julie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Julie,

Congrats on the good news!  Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones who has a doctor with a decent bedside manner.  Also sounds like you have the patience of Job to be able to sit in the waiting room that long.  No doubt you'll continue to do well!  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Silly, silly man!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Doing the Happy Dance just for you!  Glad it is all working out for you.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
dtc
very happy for you!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.