Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?

I recently saw my aunt after being away for six months. Her stomach looks as if she is 5 months pregnant. She is 50 years old.  She has been having bowel problems, nausea, stomach pain, etc.  Doctors have run all kinds of tests - upper endoscopy, GI, ultrasounds, etc, to check her gastric system, but have found nothing. My first thought on seeing her was OvCa.  She has not seen a gyn.  I suggested to her that she do so ASAP.  Is this what it could be, or am I worrying her and my mother and myself for nothing? My stepfather died last week, so the whole family is under a lot of stress.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My aunt called her daughter's gyn yesterday. Don't know what she said - but she is scheduled for an appointment TODAY.  Kind of scary, considering this is not her regular doctor, and she's only seen him maybe once before, a few years ago, for a PAP.
Helpful - 0
they made the same mistake with me.  thought it was gasto problems, ran the US, colonoscopy, etc....turned out to be an ovarian cystic mass (rather large too), having it removed on tuesday.  definately see a gyno!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
She needs to see a Gyn asap.  Don't be frightened as 99% of ovarian cysts, masses, and tumors are BENIGN.  However ovarian disturbances do cause all of the problems that she is having.  She needs an ultra sound and a transvaginal ultra sound to see what is going on in there.  The only way to determine if it is cancer or not is to do a biopsy on the "mass".  Please, please convince her to go.  The best way to beat ovca is early detection.  You and she are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.