Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

surgery scheduled

I was diagnosed just about 2 weeks ago with a 9 cm complex cyst on my right ovary.  I went to see the surgeon today and we went ahead and scheduled surgery for the 4/18.  I wish it were sooner, because I'm tired of the pain.  But I am so grateful that there is an end in sight.

We discussed all the possible findings and how he would react.  He will be doing a frozen biopsy during surgery.  He also suggested that it is possible that this is not an ovarian cyst but an "inclusion cyst" which is formed from fluid filling the adhesions in that area (I had a ileal-cecal resection done due to Crohn's).  If that is all it is, he will simply drain the cyst.  If it is ovarian, and I don't have any bad adhesions binding my colon to my uterus or ovaries, I've opted for a TAH.  If I do have bad adhesions, though, he won't remove anything that doesn't look bad because of the risk of trauma to the colon which could cause later problems with my Crohn's.

Because of the fact that I probably have excessive adhesions from the surgery and just from the Crohn's, he is planning on doing a laparotomy, but keeping it as small as possible.  He said "I know it is going to be a mess in there"  LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day and feeling good and upbeat!
Cathy
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow.   You seem calm and to be taking all this rather well.  By now, I'd be a raving loony!  You know that you have my prayers.
Helpful - 0
We can wait together.  My surgery is also scheduled for 4/18 for probable TAH.  The waiting is torture, but I am looking forward to feeling better once this is all over :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, now that it is scheduled, you can make plans and get things ready.  You know we are here for you and will go through this with you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.