Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

OMG! I need surgery again after only 9 weeks.........

Well, cysters...I have awful news.  I ended up in the emergency room this morning.  I have another cyst, complex, 9 cm. in my left adnexal region.  My remnant is rearing it's ugly head again and they did a CT Scan and an abdominal/transvag US and  called my Gyn/Onc who did my last surgery on Jan 23rd.  The concensus is that he wants it OUT! ASAP!  I am home on painkillers and I have been crying all day.  I cannot do this again.  So soon too.  I don't know how to deal with this, I need some serious help dealing.  Please, cysters, I need some advice and guidance please.  I am not even healed yet from the last surgery.  
I went in this morning cuz I doubled over and almost passed out in the shower from the pain.  It felt twisting, burning and so severe.  It scared me.
I have been feeling this pain for a while and had an appt for tomorrow.
This sucks.  Help.
~Dawn
22 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Aw, it's been a few days since I've checked....I'm so sorry to know you're going thru this.  I'll pray for a speedy recovery.  You're in my thoughts...don't know what else to say.
Helpful - 0
Hi Dawn.  First time I checked in since Friday.  I am sorry that things aren't going too well, but I can tell you are a very strong woman with a solid faith, and I know you can handle whatever comes your way.  You know, I knew someone once who had a lot of unfortunate situations in her life, and people would always ask how she could handle such hardships without really complaining, and she would always reply "I offer it up, every bit of it because I know somewhere there is someone else suffering more than me, and they depend on my sacrifice to get through", so I "offer it up" to you tonight Dawn.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  Hang in there :)

Helpful - 0
I did not read this post until this evening.  I am stunned.  I, like some of the others, really do not know what to say.  I am just terribly sorry that you are having to deal with all of this pain and frustration.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Barb, ditto for your father.  I understand the complications as I have several family members who have dealt with similar situations.  I can add that all  recovered, at least to the extent they were able to do so given their pre-existing conditions.
Helpful - 0
Hi ya Dawn - just wanted to add my name to the list of those praying for you girl.  Yes, this really sucks big time - I can't imaging having to go back in so darn soon.    Hang in there girl - the Battalion is behind you and supporting you every step of your journey.  Spice
Helpful - 0
So there you go - you know you have what it takes to get through this.  Doesn't mean you don't deserve to feel sorry for yourself a bit.  I find the older I get the more I seem to connect with people that have had their share of rough spots in the road.  They know what life is about.  You are one of those people for sure.  You just go ahead and cry when you need to - and know that you can come crying to us for sure.  Hang in there and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
I'm so sorry to hear that you are headed back to the OR, hopefully this will be the last time. Keep saying it "this is the last time, they will get it all". God bless
Helpful - 0
Oh, bluesy, I'm so sorry to hear your news! Your head and heart are definitely in the right place, though, and whatever strength you found last time from yourself and God will get you throught this, too! Dian is right, you must do whatever it takes to get this out. The fight is obviously not over, so, you're going to have to charge up the hill again. You may be the only one who can fight it physically, but we'll be here to hold your hand and cry with. I don't know why things like this happen, but I do believe that God has a plan for all of this - and the outcome will be for the good. Your good. Gather your strength up again and go back to the battle - you WILL be victorious! We are all here with you, everything will be OK.
Love,
Robin
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Oh girl, if only I could be there with you to help you through this horrific time.  You know you are in my prayers, I have added your dad also.  Please know that I am here for you.  Luv ya, sis
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
You dad has been added to my prayer list too Barb! Wishing you and yours much good fortune! Luv Bev
Helpful - 0
Hi Dawn, I'm sat here shaking my head in disbelief for what you are going through as it's really unfair, but I'm sure I speak for everyone in the Batallion when I say we are giving you the biggest hug. You have everyone's love and support and we are here for you. We KNOW you can do it. You have to, after what you've been through already you can't walk away now.
Helpful - 0
Oh Dawn I am so sorry - this just sucks.  And I'll bet you have the crappy weather that we have in Chicago which is far from a sunshiney day to brighten the spirit.  I think you have to take a deep breath and say "ok bring it on".  

When I had my first surgery for thyroid cancer I kept asking the surgeon to biopsy another lump I had under my jaw.  He told me I was "just being paranoid" and there was no way it could be cancer.  A year and a new doctor later I had to have a second surgery on my neck to remove that lump which was mets lymph nodes.  I was SO angry, hurt, distrustful of everyone including my own body.  But after a few days of that I had to step up and say "ok lets get on with it".  The same when all this cyst **** started.  I don't know why we are dealt these hands but we are and we have to play them.  I have come to believe that this is not from God - it is from the world - but God has to let the hand play out also.  What He can do, though, is give us what we need to get through it.  And this batallion is one of those tools you have.  We are all here for you and will scream and yell in frustration also.  But try to really visualize the power of all these women standing behind you as you face this.  YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS and we will help you!  
Deb
p.s.  praying for moosie's dad also
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry to hear about your dear dad too, I will sure pray for him and you as well...what a worry. It's been a tear filled day for a lot of you. Hoping tomorrow is a bit better for all.
Love from Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi Dawn.

Just logged on here as a whim.  I've been real busy this weekend, no time to check.  I was really dismayed to see this post.  Know that I for one will be praying for you, for the doctor and other staff to get things done for you as quickly as possible.  I know you don't want to, but as others have said, there really isn't a choice, and I suppose, be grateful you are being fast tracked and not made to wait.  Maybe this time they'll get it all.  Love, hugs (big ones) and God bless, Barb

P.S.:  While we all are praying for Dawn and others, I'd ask if you all could please add my father to your lists.  He's 70, severely diabetic and has had a really bad reaction to an arthritis medicine he was recently put on.  Then the stuff they gave him to counteract that messed things up further.  He has some renal failure, has developed a blood clot in his lung and a huge problem with too much uric acid and protein in his blood, etc.  He's really very sick and in a lot of pain.  Plus, with whatever is going on, even with insulin injections, his blood sugar will not drop lower than about 450.  We're really very worried about him.  Thanks.
Helpful - 0
Dawn,  

I can't believe this is happening. I am so sorry! We can only say we are here for you. At least they are moving fast and that means you can get back on track fast. You are strong and you know more about this whole thing. You can do it. You WILL do it and you WILL get better. Maybe they will get all that ovary remnant this time, especially since they know you are still developing cysts.

Take the pills. Take care of yourself and try to find some peace. We are all praying or sending out good karma or whatever we do. You know we are all behind you. Tommorrow willbe better as you get used to this new direction your healing must take. But think of it as healing.

Try to get some rest and post tomorrow. I know I am off and on here all day so hollar if you need an ear.   Cindi
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Dammit Dawn! Damn, damn, damn it Dawn!! I'm so sorry that you have to go thru this again so soon, BUT, isn't it great that your surgeon wants to go in and get that damned thing out more or less NOW!!! Everyone here is praying for you and knowing that you'll be back on top of the world and giving words of comfort to the next line of cysters, in no time at all!! You can sniffle on my shoulder Dawn .... here 'tis! I'll sniffle with ya!
Helpful - 0
I heard you nearly an hour ago....didn't know what to say....I knew how I felt.....like somebody took a cheap shot at my Battalion...that makes it personal. I listened to what you had to say and I listened again.....this last time has to be at least the 8th time.
Look....I don't want you to have to deal with this again, and it is clear you don't either.....nobody does.....and yes...it is not fair......none of the above matters though.
You have no choice but to deal with it again, so get on with it!  You did it before and you will do it again......there is no choice.......YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!
So....buck up woman and get ready to fight again.  It is not cancer.....this is a battle you can and will win.
We are all here with you and will support you in any and every way possible. BUT....you have to be strong (again) and know what is going on and make the right choices....YOU CAN DO THIS!
Please stay in touch.....keep your chin up....you are a powerful woman with a Battalion behind her.......and you've got me.....I have been known to have been called "a real *****" and I wear that as a badge of honor.....so if you need one of those to stand by and deal with others just give me a call!  I raise my glass to "Bitchdom"!!! Some of us have earned the Badge!
Peace, kiddo....Peace to you.
dian
Helpful - 0
Oh NO! I can't believe this is happening to you. Maybe you will bounce back faster from this surgery?! This ovarian remnant think is just bizarre. What else did your doctor say? I sure wish I could do something to make you feel better. How about a Fed Ex'd casserole? Keep writing (I was wondering where you were last night, thought you were out enjoying yourself!)
I'm so sorry, Love and prayers from Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this pain again and so soon. Do you know when you will be having the operation? I hope that the painkillers are helping to ease some of the pain for you. Let us no how you are going? The Battalion of Cysters are here for you.

Aussie Cyster Kate xxx
Helpful - 0
You poor thing!  I really feel for you and hope that you start to feel a little more positive about this next operation.  I also hope that you have a good support "system" of friends and family around you.   You are in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
I don't even know what to say to help.  Hopefully in a few months you can look at this from the other, and healthy, side.  It does not feel like it is possible now but hang in there.
Helpful - 0
I am also so sorry to hear your news. How soon will you need to go in? You must be terribly frustrated. I hope the pain killers are helping you to get through an that you are feeling better soon.
Marcy
Helpful - 0
Dawn- I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this again.  I have had to have 4 different surgerys over the last year and a half due to cysts.  Now, I have a 9cm complex cyst on my right ovary.  I have to go see a gyn oncologist on Thursday.  I am also having a hard time coping( I am so scared that I am going to end up with cancer).  Just know that you will be in my prayers.  Keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.