Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Here we go.....surg. scheduled

Hi Everyone,

This Monday, April 10th is my surgery date with the pre-ops this friday.  Last friday I had another transvag US and the cyst is still there, shows as being partially solid w/striations.  I'm getting really nervous and just want all of this to go away.  My doctor worked it out w/a plastic surgeon.....a tummy tuck is in order!  God Bless my husband, he's the one that helped set it up and is paying for it.  
Needless to say, I'm scared of the immediate menopause.  I know I shouldn't be, but Lord knows, I'm crazy enough as it is!!  I'm also scared of the biopsy, scared of the tho't of HOW they do the tuck (e-gads, have you seen a brochure on how they do it??) How does menopause feel?  Am I going to cry everyday or what?  Am I going to become a crabby old woman??  Help me out please!  Someone out there let me know how it felt after having everything taken out and put into immediate menopause.

Looking forward to your replies,
Loumac
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you thank you......I'll report back, promise.

Loumac
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I hope my husband don't hear that one. Otherwise he'll be telling my doctor Friday to yank my plumbing.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the post, AnotherKatie.  You made me chuckle w/the comment about your dogs.  Ain't it the truth?!  In my heart, I want nothing but the best for everyone around me....I'm low key and easy to get along with.  But sometimes I open my mouth when I shouldn't and say things that I should maybe not have.  Don't laugh at me, but I swear I think that my eyebrows make me look like I'm always mad or something.  I'm going to start plucking them a different way from now on!

And to you other gals that responded, thanks so much.  You'd think I'd be ok w/this surgery, because I've had a hysterectomy already (they left the ovaries)and I know how it feels.  But this surgery has so much more going on with it.....emotionally phand physically.....

Loumac
Helpful - 0
I too was put into surgical meno. I am 48 and had no menopause symptoms. I heard that it takes about 3 months for all your natural hormones to leave your system. I started on an Estrogen patch right away, Estroderm 50 and had it reduced to 25 last week as I have constant headaches from it. I tried going without it last week but sure had a lot of hot flashes and interrupted sleep. I think my skin got drier too. I am looking into bio-identical hormones at a compounding pharmacist (see a post called Hot Flashes a few weeks back). I had a few bad days around 4 weeks (emotional, etc) but it is hard to tell if you feel rotten from the surgery and are getting your head around what has happened to you, or, it is the hormone loss. Some depression must be natural, right? My doctor said to give it some time to recover from the surgery (as in 3-6 months) and that he would work with me regarding the hormones (adjusting). I thought I would turn into a raging lunatic overnight (maybe I did and my family are too scared to tell me). A least my dogs still like me.
Helpful - 0
HAAAA!!!  I love it...geez, wish my libido would do that.  Mine has fizzled like a dud firecracker.  Maybe this will be a turn-around for me and my husband.  OH, to answer the question, my age is 47.  I've already experienced the joys of hot flashes, night sweats (legs kicking off blankets, telling the hubby to stay away, throwing the cats off the bed, face in the freezer trying to cool off, etc)and not to mention, being emotional.  Guess I'm fearing that going into full-swing menopause will exaggerate the above even more.  sheesh.  And holy moly, what if this thing is malignant??
I love the humour on this site....it's what I need to get me through it...

Loumac
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
NO, just a little moody!!  It depends, every woman is different and you will know what you need.  Just be sure to talk to your dr. about the hormonal changes.  Now that surgery is scheduled, you can make your plans and get ready.  We will wait here for you and look forward to hearing from you when you are on the Recovery Side.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.