Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic infections...related to Ovarian cysts?

I had to have several cysts removed from my ovaries. I keep cysts on my ovaries at all times. I've had as many as 9 on the both of them (according to the dr). They come and go and rupture putting me in severe pain for 3-4 days. I can't have them removed b/c according to the drs that I've talked to, they aren't really big enough to remove. I hurt when I have sex to the point that I have vomited. I keep UTI's and other female infections. When the dr gives me the meds to clear it up, I take it and as soon as the meds and they leave my system, I have the infections all over again. I've tried all different meds to help clear them up, as maybe I've developed a resistance to some from having to take them so much , but they always come back. I'm a very clean person. I follow the drs orders and no longer take tub baths at all. I shower instead. I am really worried that something is wrong with my kidneys and with my uterus/ ovaries. I don't know what else to do. The drs can't seem to help and I'm afraid that if I don't find some answers that I'll end up having to be on dyalisis or have to have my ovaries/ uterus removed. At the age of 26, this is something that Im having a hard time coping with.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi giana, I'm sorry you are going thru all this but just keep on your doctor or find a new one. I know it is frustrating but he should be trying to help. My gp sent me for tests checking my kidneys and things before sending me to my gyn. But I always Make sure all results go to him and keep letting him know my problems. It is a pain and you feel like giving up sometimes but don't.I finally got a lap scheduled and by the FOURTH doctor I've seen. So just keep at it. I almost gave up but with my hubby backing me up on knowing that I really am in pain and miserable I tried again and think this doc is the answer to my prayers.  Don't give up!Take care and God Bless!
Helpful - 0
Like you, I too had one UTI after another for a long period of time.  I am also  7 weeks post-op after having to have a hyster, and a few other procedures.  I finally got the infection under control by going to a urologist...just curious if you have seen one yet?  My urologist put me on a very high dose (cannot remember the name) of anti-biotics AND if you get a yeast infection with anti-biotics, you should ask for a prescription like diflucan (1 time pill that last one week) to begin taking immediately with the anti-biotics.  I even had to take diflucan for three weeks straight in order to keep the yeast away.   Also, the cysts do not have to be "big" to cause "big" symptoms.  I know b/c my dermoid wasn't very big at all, less than 3cm and caused major problems for me.   You need to find a doctor who will get down to the bottom of it all, even if you have to changed doctors more than once.  Like you I was SOOOOO frustrated and disgusted...every time I turned around another one!  So don't give up and be persistant, after all you know your body better than anyone!  Wishing you answers!  busy
Helpful - 0
I haven't been to a uroloigst. I did go to one when I was 2 (according to my mom) They had to do something to my urethra. I've had a lot of problems with my kidneys and bladder, not just infections...My bladder tipped over (how the dr explained it to me) I couldn't go to the bathroom for 3 days. I ended up going to the emergancy room to get a catheter. My kindeys started to shut down and I was hospitalized. Too MUCH caffiene. Thanks for the tips and I'll see about a urologist, I really never thought of going to one.
Helpful - 0
Try googling candida. It is a chonic yeast overgrowth. I don't remember if it causes the UTI's but it is worth a look. It also causes all kinds of other problems. There is a "spit in a glass" kind of home test also. Sounds gross but is worth a try.

I was so sick for so long that is one of the things they checked on.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.