Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pathology reports on the 'tangerine'

I called and asked about my pathology report because it been over a week and well I found out what cyst I had...drum roll please...Mucinous Cystadenoma. I found this about it..

A mucinous cystadenoma is filled with sticky, thick fluid, and is most often diagnosed in women between thirty and fifty years of age. The growth is usually six to twelve inches in diameter. The growths are usually benign, and cause no symptoms unless a large growth presses against other organs and interferes with their function.

Left untreated, mucinous cystadenomas can continue to grow
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good news on the reports - way to go girl.  It really sucks that you lost your job over this - my heart goes out to you.  Good luck with the job search - what line of work are you in.  I'd love to hear your story - you can email me at ***@****
SpiceGirl (Patty)
Helpful - 0
My doctor says that these do happen in women in their 20's and that's okay. Yay! for you that it's benign!
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Sounds very good and it goes to prove that statistics and numbers are just that-numbers.  Doctors need to treat the individual instead of treating each person as a page in the textbook-either you fit the profile or you do not.  Very rarely do I ever encounter a patient that fits textbook criteria that my xray books said would come my way.  Congratulations!!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Just dancing away today!  Glad to hear your good news. Yipee!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I am so glad! Celebrate your good news!
Helpful - 0
I kept bugging them and lost my job.
Helpful - 0
It's a little bit colder today so I am not barefott and in my flowing skirt...but still dancing for you! Very good news and you are lucky they treated you. Some of the younger women have ahard time getting the docs to take them seriously! Well done!!
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on the great news!!
Helpful - 0
That's great news.  But I am now trying to imagine a 100 pound blob of goo....
Helpful - 0
YAHOOOO BENIGN!  Good for you  :)
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
very much Benign!
Helpful - 0
Benign???  That's worth celebrating girl.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.