Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

period question

Hi all, As you may remember, I have an ovarian cyst and am undergoing surgery on May 16 for a TAH and BSO. I thought I was getting my period last week and had to use something for a day and a half and then ...zippo no more period. I thought that was strange seeing as I usually go for 5 to 7 days. Well this afternoon I started getting a cramping sensation where my right ovary (the one with the cyst) is and it is getting worse and going down my leg. I think I am getting a period - the real deal this time. It is the first time I have noticed this direct pain in this area. Usually, I have cramping over my whole abdomen. Anyway, I am glad that this is my next to the last period. I think I will have a party next month with wine and chocolate to celebrate - maybe burn the tampons too! Does anyone else feel such direct pain where their cyst is or am I just imagining it cause I know it is there?
Michelle
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
We have a commercial in Australia for Libra Fluer Tampons. The Girl is searching frantically everywhere for her tampons (Libra Fleur of course)then she walks into the living room and her boyfreind is down on the ground throwing, and swinging them around for the cat to play with. The Girl didn't seem to impressed.

Perhaps the Battalion could write a book on 101 and one different uses for a tampon!!!

Kiwi Kate xxx
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Birdfeeders!  Just roll them in peanut butter and then birdseed.  They come with a convenient string to hang them with
:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I used pads rather than tampons. I am still quite sensitive over my incision area and have difficulty wearing even loose pants. I took a pad and put it over my incision in my granny panties. No more rubbing on my incision!
Helpful - 0
I'm planning to use my tampons as cat toys; they do look kinda like  white mice with long skinny tails, you know!
Helpful - 0
Okay, I'll not burn the tampons...maybe give them away as a door prize instead! I'm glad I'm not imagining it. And, I'm wearing white pants out tonight...how's that for living dangerously!
Cheers,
Michelle
Helpful - 0
I wore maternity pants for about three months after my colon surgery.  Then gave them all to a local crisis pregnancy center to recycle.  Very comfy.

Cat Toys!!!  Great idea.  I wonder what other creative uses there may be for those things. . .
Helpful - 0
Nope, it's not your imagination.  I just had a hydrotherm ablation three weeks ago, so I'm not bleeding, but boy do I have the cramps and the ovary pain, the referred type as well into my hip and butt and upper leg.  And the PMS, and the craving of anything that I'm not supposed to eat, and the headache from the hormones.  But I'm not bleeding.

Don't burn the tampons though, pass them on.  We could use them around here these days.  My two girls are in tandem.  At least I'm out of the loop for now and hopefully for good.  Think of the trees we'll all save when we get ourselves blood free.  There was a post I saw somewhere else, "have an ablation, save a tree. . ." cracked me up.  Have a margarita and buy some nice white or cream colored pants for later on instead to celebrate.

Anyhow, it's not your imagination.  I think we might be more aware somehow after we know these things are there, or knocked out of denial in my case.  When I thought it was just an ache or pain, I could ignore it better.

Take care, love, hugs and God bless.  Barb
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
No, it is not imaginary!!  You are feeling the pain.  Let me know when the chocolate party is!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.