Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mathesized ovarian cancer in the lung

I am a 33 year old woman with 3 children ages 5, 4 and 2 years old.  I have had trouble with cysts since I was 20, I had endremetreyosis (spelling?) and went through surgery to have it removed when I was 4 months pregnant with my first child.  I had a major surgery for cysts removal after each child, and then cancer as well after the birth of my 3rd.

My cancer was diagnosed on the lung the day before Christmas, 2005.  I first was diagnosed after having a cyst removed from an overary in October of 2004.  They found a small amount of clear cell cancer in the middle of the cyst.  I had a complete hysterctomy, and 9 rounds of chemo.  

since it's return on my right lung, I was giving jemjar (spelling ?) for one round, having to quit the lat one as I devloped a sinus infection and a bit of phnomnia.  The chemo we discovered had not shrank it, but it also had not grown.  I went for several weeks without chemo, when I became very sick with High calcium, and the beginning of renal failure. I got back on track and they began a serious of 3 chemo treatments of Topotecan, I have had 2, I had to skep a week as my blood platelets became to low.  At this time I do not know if it is having any effect on the cancer.

I there anything else, or a better treatment I might be able to try??  I don't want to die and leave my babies behind.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Your story is so very touching.  I only have prayers to offer and you are definetly in them.  I am sure that someone will be along that has more info and possibly been where you are now.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
The Media over here have been doing some articles on something called Carctol and it's benefits and success in treating cancer, Please have a look at it on the web.
Helpful - 0
Have you researched any clinical trials?  Where are you being treated?  Often, medical universities have clinical trials or more aggressive treatment plans.  You have my prayers.
Helpful - 0
If you are in the US, MD Anderson in Houston, TX has some great treatments and clinical trials going if you would have access to there.  My thoughts and prayers will be with you..  I could not imagine, mine are 8, 5, 3. What is your staging?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.