Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i have to have a major surgery....can you tell me what this means???xray???

ok,saw a wound doctor..he though i had tunneling,where the infection has gotten so bad...told me if this was the case,i would have to have another operation,and have the whole incision cut open,and cut into my stomache untill they got to the end of the tunneling..where,i went for a ct scan yesterday,and got the results today...heres what they say...
                           THE PREVIOUS REPORTED SUBCUTANIOUS FLUIDCOLLECTIONS HAVE RESOLVED SINCE THE PREVIOUS STUDY ON 2/25/06.HOWEVER,AT THIS TIME,THERE IS INCISIONAL DEHISCENCE ASSOCIATED WITH AREAS OF SUBCUTANIOUS AIR ANTERIORLY.REACTIVE TISSUE CHANGES WITHIN THE SUBCUTANIOIUS TISSUES ARE ALSO SEEN.COMPLEX CYSTIC CHANGES OF THE OVARIES ARE ONCE AGAIN NOTED ON TODAYS STUDY....IMPRESSION:COMPLEX CYSTIC CHANGES OF BOTH OVARIES ARE PRESENT.AT THIS TIME,THERE IS INCISIONAL DEHISCENCE ASSOCIATED WITH SUBCUTANIOUS AIR.REACTIVE CHANGES WITHIN THE SUBCUTANIOUS TISSUE IS SEEN.SEVERE REACTIVE CHANGE IS SEEN ADJACENT TO THE VAGINAL CUFF.....

NOW,does anyone know in human terms,not doctor terms what this means??i know that the complex cysts mean,i have complex cysts on both ovaries..AGAIN....the other wording i dont understand,and i know the doctor said i have severe tunneling,and i have to have a operation again,but i need to know how serious this is..can you please help me????love you all...sonie
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sonie, I'm sorry you're going through this and I'll send my thoughts and prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery for you.  
(((Sonie)))

Debbie
Helpful - 0
Hi Sonie.

I'm so sorry to hear your having such significant problems again.  I'll certainly be praying for you.  You sure could use a break.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
Helpful - 0
You poor thing.  I just don't really know what to say.  The cysts on your oavries could be due to the infection in your abdomen; when severe infections set in like your's has then the body's 'chemistry' is severely affected.  You no doubt have odd tissue growths and scar tissues rambling about in there as well.   But I agree, perhaps it is time to remove the ovaries so that will be one less problem to worry about in the future.
Helpful - 0
this is the thing that sucks xray...thats what they did to me 2 weeks ago...after they cut half my incision open,they debrided it,then packed me with the gauze...im being packed 2 times a day now..the doctor on tuesday told me,he was going to go in,cut my whole entire incision open,i have a lump now hip bone to hip bone,he said hes going to start by cutting that whole lump out..then hes going to start cutting all the tissue and stuff,untill he gets to the end of the tunneling..then,hes hoping he can close my incision back up...i hope he can..this packing **** is for the birds..but i am so telling them while they are in there,to take the ovaries this time....these complex cysts are getting rediculas.....this was the whole reason for my surgery to begin with...AND I WAS LEFT WITH THE OVARIES!!!yep,im on a warpath.....
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Sonie, if we could gather the Battalion right now, we could storm the hospital!  I am praying for you girl!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
The staph(MRSA) infection that you have appears to have continued growth and the tunneling is the path that it has taken.  They will have to go in and do something that I have heard it called as debridment.  That is to go in and clean out all the infection so that it does not spread any further. They will pack the site full of gauze until it begins to heal.  Make sure before any person on staff at the hospital you are in WASHES THEIR HANDS!!!  Demand it!! Staph is spread patient to patient.  There is a hospital in my community that rages with Staph.  My stepdad's sister went for a simple procedure on her knee and now may not even be able to walk on it until July and the bone is so messed up from the infection that it is not even strong enough to accept a knee replacement.  I agree with MaryV., you have a great suit on your hands but at this point I would be more concerned that infection  be taken care.  Can you consult another general surgeon at a cleaner facility that may take your case?  the last thing you need is reinfection.  Sonie, I am so sorry for you and PISSED would not be the word for it at this moment.  I hope I have helped you some.  They will have to put you back to sleep for this most likely.  They did my grandmother eventhough she was on death's door.  Essentially, the tissue with air is similar to gangrene it is like rotten flesh.  Nasty to hear this early in the morning but that is basically what they have done to you.  I will be praying that things turn around for you!! Kristie
Helpful - 0
dawn..im so sorry your having issues again too....none of this makes sence to me anymore..i have become so depressed its unreal..i dont understand how something this stupid could have happend...i have no clue how long ill be in the hospital this time,but i will tell you what...im telling them to take both of my ovaries this time...this whole friggin mess started over my stupid ovaries,and here i sit,with a raging daggon infection..AND 2 COMPLEX CYSTS AGAIN!!sorry,but im livid tonight....im just at a loss here,like in shock almost...the doctor had told me tuesday he believed i had this tunneling,and explained the surgery and all that,but the report made it very real,then to see i have those stupid cysts again...the whole thing just ticks me off!!!!
Helpful - 0
You're not kidding this is BULL****. It's only Thursday today, so you have four days til you even find out when the friggin surgery is. That is terrible. I supppose that's the ONLY surgeon on the planet eh. Nine weeks you have been suffering.
Then you have to recover all over again. Guess they can check out your ovaries again while they are at it? Oh GOD Sonie.
You have to get that infection out of your system though. Maybe the recovery from this procedure will be a lot faster. We get treated like cattle, this is just so wrong.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Sonei, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope that they can get this cleared up for you.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
hey there..i went in on tuesday,and i go back monday..he wanted to call the other doc tuesday and get surgery set up now,but the other doc is on vacation!!at this time,im severly PISSED over this whole situation...this has been 9 weeks since my hysterectomy,this is bulcrap,i feel like punchin the doctor......sonie
Helpful - 0
Oh poor Sonie, everyone has been so worried about you. I am so very sorry you are going through this. I googled INCISIONAL DEHISCENCE, there is quite a bit on it, looks like it means when the wound is infected and separated. Apparently it does require surgery to cut away infected tissue and re-do the surgery site. I assume tunneling would refer to "off shoots" of infection but I don't know.
It sounds serious Sonie. When do you see your doctor?
Love and prayers from Katie
Helpful - 0
i wondered the same thing about it getting worse.but im no doc,so who knows..when is your surgery going to be??please let me know...can you believe were doing this again,at the same time again???how weird...where is everyone at??havent talked to them forever..i miss everyone!!!the report didnt say how big the cysts are..how can i find that out??i figured they would have put it in there.....sonie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.