Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

MY PROBLEMS, READ THIS

In response to my last posting. My grandmother had a hysterectomy at 49 because she just had alot of pain and bleading with her cycle and she had already had her children so they offered her one and she accepted. My cousin had one because of cancer it was her 3rd diagnosis. My aunt had one because of endo. My mother was offered one because of the same reason as my grandmother. Also when I was 17 my husband and I had been married only a few months and I had unbelievable pelvic pain and alot of clotting also what looked like a breast implant had come out of me. Being so young and scared that my insides were falling out of me I went to the ER. The Dr. on call did a pelvic exam than proceeded to tell me that he was a gyno. and didnt know what he was looking at, and couldnt help me. He perscribed B.C pills and sent me home. I will never go to the ER for a cycle problem again. I have also been to 3 gynos they were no help. I also went out of town they turned me away at the door because they had already seen there max # of medicaid patients for the month. Now with no insurance my only option is the health dept. and we make to much to recieve "free" care. I dont mind not having children I have learned to accept it and we have decided to adopt it is a good option for us and good for the child who needs us. It wont be any time soon though. Well thats all for now. Thank you for your responses I have tried to find a good forum and feel I have now. Its so great to be able to talk to people who understand and dont brush you off.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree, you need to do what you can to get the money to go see a gyn. It could be a serious problem, or it could be something that can be treated with meds.  I too was young when I strted having trouble (I was first hospitalized with and enlarged ovary when I was 14).  I just wanted to let you know not to give up hope.  Adoption is a wonderful way to have a family.  I will be praying for your situation.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
If you can find a way to have enough money to see another gyne. then you probably should.  Sounds like you've been brushed off and you are much too young to give up.  Adoption was an option for me as I had infertility problems.  I ended up getting pregant with treatment and called it quits with one child.  Even if you don't have any children you have to get this problem taken care of.  Problems with heavy periods and irregular is what started me on the road to infertility treatment.   I just had to get my body  close to normal somehow. I live in Canada so health care cost was not a problem.
Good luck in your future.  I hope at least that you get the help you need now.  I am 52 so I am old enough to be your mother but I know it helps to hear from other people that have already been there.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.