Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vitamin C Treatment

Hi to everyone - has anyone out there information on Vitimin C treatment.   A friend has told me about a trial, she thought in America, where high doese of Vitimin C were given for Ovarian Cancer.   I take Vitamin C on a daily basis but this treatment is I.V. ministered.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Tandy - I don't know where you are situated?  If you are interested in reading the background to use of Vit C for cancer go to www.iconmag.co.uk/page.php?n=777  - it's a site run by Cancer Active in the UK - they publish books and a monthly magazine I get also.  They do a lot to publish stuff on complementary treatments for cancer.  If the last part of the website address doesn't work go to the iconmag.co.uk bit and work your way through treatments, complementary, V in the alphabetical list etc.  See what you think.  I can't take much in the way of vit c - my bowel gets too irritated unfortunately, but I'm interested in its use.  Cheers Jenny
Helpful - 0
There is a trial going on at the University of KS Medical Center where high dose IV vitamin C is being given to patients with ovarian cancer.  I did some investigation earlier this year and was told by the one of the researcher's that the testing was still inconclusive but was ongoing so it's possible that this treatment may hold some promise.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.