Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Need help on determining the size of a Cysts I have on my ovaries

Hi everyone, I am a newbee, found this site when I was searching for some information on a Cysts I have. For the last year I have developed back pain but with in the last few months the pain became severe and the pelvic area started to to develope pain. The pelvic pain started feeling like menstraul cramps and sometimes felt like I was giving birth (when the head starts to crown-us women remember that pain), well after seeing my family doctor several times she sent me for a pelvic CT. My results showed (the nurse words) "A large size cysts on my ovaries. The size is 3.5 cm by 4.6 cm. I was at my office when the nurse phoned me and there where other people around so i did not ask ?'s about how big is this really-give me an axample of something that will tell me the size. The nurse told me I need to go to my GY/BO and they will be able to answer all my ?'s better then she can and explain to me what will happen but she did say it needs to be removed. I do want you all to know that I have had a hystromentamy (not spelled correctly) back in 1999.

My help is that I need someone to give me an example of how big this 3.5 cm by 4.6 cm cysts actually is. I am going nuts trying to figure out the cm's and was never good with cm's.

Also would like to know your opinions on if you think they will take my ovaries and could there be any chance of cancer?

My husband and I are very worried because a year ago he had bladder and prostrate cancer at the age of 36 and the % for him to have either cancer was LOW so we are worried about the cysts I have. Any help please.

Connie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all for your quick responses. Mary V, I need to call my insurance today to make sure that the doctor I will be referred to is in the insurance network (sure they are) and want to make sure what they all cover. When I call my doctor office back, I have many ?'s to ask the nurse and will make sure that I call while I am home so I don't have to be hush hush. I will make sure and post an update. Thank you all again for the fast responses.
Helpful - 0
mine was about 5.3 cm and the doc said it was like a tangerine..
Helpful - 0
I have a fibroid that is 3.1cm X 3.5cm and the doc tells me that is about the size of a walnut. (how can such a small thing cause so much pain? I  have back pain, pelvic pain, knee pain, etcetcetc...WHat a PAIN!! )

Had two ovarian cysts removed when I was about 20 years old (51 years old now) one  was the size of a grapefruit and one the size of a lemon, never had a symptom other than no periods.

You just never know!
Helpful - 0
There is 2.5cm in an inch so that is about 1 1/3 by almost 2 in.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.