Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anyone recommend gyn/onc from cleveland

I have an ultrasound scheduled for tuesday due to bloating, left pelvic pain and my doctor did an exam and felt my left ovary was enlarged.  I hope it is just a cyst but I want to be prepared if it is more, or if it needs to come out.  

I read that the first surgery you have is very important.  If he says its a cyst but should still come out, I'm thinking instead of having my regular gyn doctor remove it, maybe I should see a gyn/oncologist just in case.

Has anyone here ever seen one that they liked in the cleveland ohio area. There are a lot of good hospitals around here but I feel like I'd just be picking one out of a hat.

thanks
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well it sounds like there are a few names for you to choose from but don't worry about it being any kind of sign.  More likely God telling you that whatever you have to deal with He will give you what you need to get through it.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Oh my gosh that is so wild!  I am one of the few east and west siders.  Grew up on the west side and went to John Carroll for grad school after I got married so we moved to the east side (lyndhurst).  Everyone thought we had a fight with the family or something because you know generally east siders don't move west and vice versa.  Where at in Chicago are you?  What happened with your liver stuff?
Helpful - 0
wow, thanks for all of your help.  Actually, I am a nurse at Fairview Hospital and just heard  today from a newsletter at work of Dr. Rose starting a lot of research and clinical trials there for gyn cancers.  I hope this isn't a sign from God that I am going to need him.  I'm just trying to get the attitude that I will be able to handle whatever comes my way.

Thanks again for all of your help.  I am so glad I came across this forum.
Helpful - 0
thanks all, I appreciate your help!
Helpful - 0
Ok here is the response from my friend in Cleveland.  She also said she just found a very good support group that has made all the difference for her so let me know if you need that.  I am pasting her reply:

The name of the doctor is Peter Rose.  I see him at
Fairview (only there on Fridays), but he also sees
patients at the main Cleveland Clinic campus on
Saturday mornings with little waiting.  He is the best
in Cleveland as rated in several journals, but he is
not the most talkative.  

I think it best for her to try to see him if you ask
me.
Helpful - 0
Yes, get a consultation with the Cleveland Clinic.
Helpful - 0
I am frome Cleveland and have a very good friend who had ovca in cleveland.  I will contact her and ask her where she went.
Helpful - 0
Hi!
I went to Cleveland Clinic and I saw Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg he is not an oncol. Try to get in to see Dr. Tomaso Falcone he is renound oncologist. Look on the web for his published works. It may be a while to get in to see him, make the call soon. Mary Macdonald is CC patient advocate in womens health center. She is WONDERFUL. Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.