Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hormonal support

Just looking for some support.  I am finishing my 3,4,5,6 day after ovulation and I get all messed up emotionally at this time every month.  I took a pill lol  maybe that has helped. I try not to but i would rather take it than have a break down.  

I just need some laughs if anyone can spare some that would be wonderful...

angela
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Debi, I think from what I have been reading, doing the estrace with the prog cream might really work for you. I like the patch OK at the moment. I see my gyn for follow up tomorrow, I think I will stay on the Estraderm patch for now but get some prog cream going if I can.  I will order it online if I have to.  I prefer the 50 Estraderm patch but I am not getting such bad headaches on the 25 (thank goodness!)
Other than that I am hangin' in there. ;)
Yes I take Gravol, only a half or one, to fall asleep sometimes.  Sleeping meds also give me a headache!
How're the achy bones and muscles?  Are you still running? I am going to work out tonight, gonna take it easy though. I sure go through a lot of Epsom salts....lots of hot soaks for me....
Yes those web sites are good!
Take care, Love, Katie
PS that's SO weird you guys don't have Gravol, I thought everything wonderful came from the States!
Helpful - 0
Oh my gosh I was just thinking about the dramamine thing which is probably the same as the Gravol of which you speak!  It is for motion sickness and I took one once on a plane (really for the sleepy effect) and it did really make me sleepy.  I will try it tonight.  

I am self medicating now.  I changed from the bi est to the estrace which I had a prescription for from the doc who did my surgery.  And I had some left over prog cream from before the surgery so until I get someone who will work wtih me I am going to try this.   I feel a little better - yesterday was really rough.  And we have a German exchange student for three weeks so I have to really try to fake it or this kid will go home thinking American women are all phychotic!  

Also found two good websites:   earlymenopause.com and womeninbalance.org.  Hoping this week is better.  Are you doing better?  You sound like it!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Those hormonal swings are a reall pain in the @$$!  I don't know about you, but I can actually tell when one of the bitchy ones is coming over me and there is not a thing I can do to stop it!  I yell at the kids, the dog, dh etc and all the while a voice inside my head is saying "you really don't mean this, you are not that mad"etc, etc  Like I said before, if men went through this there would already be a cure!  Luv ya cysters!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I looked on my generic bottle of "travel tablets"...it is called dimenhydrinate tablets. They knock me out when I am desperate to sleep...  You have Gravol in the States don't you?
Helpful - 0
never heard of it??????????????????
Helpful - 0
Hey Debi do you ever try Gravol to help you sleep?
Katie
Helpful - 0
Thanks guys,  Yeah something definitly happens to me after i ovulate.  Now i track it to the day which helps.  I am so surprised that I never realized these mood swings earlier.  I just thought i was a B i t ch ...
Helpful - 0
its to help with motion sickness and nausea.  It makes you sleepy.
Helpful - 0
lol what is that, and I thought that you were going to bed sista????
Helpful - 0
Hi Crazy I hope that pill has helped you. I have to admitt that reading Raven Ladys Battalion theme last night had me laughing. Being Premenstrual is horrible I become a Dr Jekyl and Hyde.

Take care

Kate xxx
Helpful - 0
Dawn it is so great to hear you still have your sense of humor.  Hey Crazy I am glad you posted this as I have been feeling the same way.  Don't feel bad about taking the pill - ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!!   Last night - my fourth or fifth night of God awful sleep in a row - I got up around 2 am and took a zanax.  I couldn't stand the heart palps, sleeplessness, etc.  I felt just like you - I hate to take it but I don't want to lose my mind either.  I had gone into the spare room so I wouldnt keep my DH awake.  About a half hour after the zanax hit I drifted off and dreamed that I was on a roller coaster - a really wild roller coaster - but I was all safe and snuggly in my bed - on the roller coaster!  Then the alarm clock went off - it was about 3:30 am now and for some reason the alarm must have been accidentally set.  I was so mad to be woke up from this snuggly roller coaster ride - but then I was thinking how bizarre the dream was - I was on the roller coaster but feeling the zanax effect~  Just can't get away from it.  
I just found a good site:  womeninbalance.org.  It has a lot of good info.
Helpful - 0
Im sorry to hear that.  I hope that you are feeling better. For me i just took some lorazepam.  i really do hope that i dont feel this tired and crappy after the surgery,   I am praying for a miracle.
Helpful - 0
hahahahahaah that is so funnny, what a good friend you are to share that with me in my time of need :)  

your awesome!!!   how are you feeling?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.