Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Swelly Belly

Is there any way to avoid the swelly belly effect after surgery?  Should start doing ab exercises?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
110491 tn?1274481937
It's been 5 months since surgery and I still have my swelly belly...especially at the end of the day. But I'll be damned if I do ab exercises...ouch! I will try to go back to swimming soon. I wonder if that would help even things out.

Me too I have been eating like crazy. I thought it was the chemo...but maybe it's hormones. I have never been so hungry in my life! So that might account for some of that "swelly" belly.
Helpful - 0
I don't think that you can do much to avoind the welly belly.  I have exercised most days for 3 years now and after the surgery I got the lovely swelly belly and I could not fit on any of my clothes.  It took me about 10-14 days to get my belly back.  3 weeks after the surgery ( which would be tomorrow) and I still can't do any targeted abs workout, one of my cuts is still a little sensitive.  So, Just let your body do what it needs to do.  Your body will come back to normall within a few weeks.  Good luck to you!!

Alba
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Since they pump your abdomin full of gas so they can see in there, it does take some time for the gas to go away.  The swellybelly could last a few weeks.  Don't worry it will go away.  You two just crack me up!!!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
k but for real, i cant stop eating , its like i never get full i just eat and eat and eat.  its craaaaaaaaaaaaazyyy i tell ya.
Helpful - 0
maybe i just need to eat some more that helps me lol
Helpful - 0
yeah but not recently
Helpful - 0
yeah me too, i cant do them with out being in pain and discomfort. its weird.
Helpful - 0
Hi there Lady!!  I meant doing ab exercises prior to surgery.
Helpful - 0
can you even do ab excersises?  i cant it hurts
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.