Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Battalion Weekly

Hello my Cysters of the Battalion!
     I spent the day in the mountains and it was glorius, the sun was shining and the sky was blue.  The little town I visited was in the most incredible valley near a resevoir that reflected the snowcapped mountains.  I also visited a Trappist Monk Abbey nestled in the arms of the Wasatch mountains.  The Monks had their white robes on in celebration of Palm Sunday.  I could go on and on...
    The past week has been stressfull and happy all at the same time for the Battalion.  We waited for word from Sonie who has to have yet another major surgery to deal with the staph infection while Dawn (BluesINGirl) had another ER run for kidney stones and heart issues.  Given the nonsense you have had to deal with Dawn, no wonder your heart which is huge, protests!  We are all behind you Cysters!
     Steve and Vilet in Jordan are celebrating Vi's steady CA125 levels!  We are all dancing for you Vi!
     We have some new members of the 99% club, Desiree (Raynbow), Alba (Lumeli), DTC's Mom and our littlest Cyster Lois (Lolobobo)!  WhooHooo  Happy Dancing again!
     Hazel's Mom is doing well with chemo and Masali who just had one ovary removed got the all clear on the other, she and her DH want to try for a child so you go Girl!  
     Androsiane had 2nd US and may be pregnant, she sees Doc tomorrow.  Best wishes Andro!  Darlyn (Krull1) found a great new Dr. this week and AliceE dropped us a virtual postcard from OZ.
     Cont. on PartII
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are marvellous for keeping up with each of us!  What a great job you do.  Thank you!  And I also enjoyed the visual of the monks.  Alice
Helpful - 0
hi fabmom, I do the same nesting thing! I have some surgery coming up in May and I'm already cleaning, straightening, stocking up the pantry etc. (I do the same thing when we go on a vacation! I'm usually exhausted by the time we leave because I clean stuff that hasn't been touched forever!!!)

all the best to you, hope to hear all goes well.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
It is just our way.  We want to make sure everyone is comfortable when we are in the hospital.  Even when we are sick or having surgery, we don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak!  That is the way women are, nothing scientific - just our nurturing nature.  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the visual of the monks.  It also brought me a peaceful moment.  Thanks for always putting in such great effort to keep us updated on everyone.  I always look forward to hearing from everyone on the RS.  I go for my pre-op tomorrow (surgery 4/18) and for some reason I am starting to feel a bit nervous.  Found myself "nesting" (something I always did at the end on my pregnancies, preparing for the new arrival) the last few days.  I feel like I need to have the house clean and in order.  Why, I don't know.  My husband asked me if I am expecting a house guest that he didn't know about.  Has anyone else experienced this??  Maybe it's just my highly charged hormones make me a little crazy!  Anyway, my prayers are with everyone this week, those headed for surgery, those recovering, and especially all of those still doing the watch and wait game.
Helpful - 0
That is so amazing that you can keep up with everyone's names so well.  Anyways I just saw this posting and decided to say hi.  I hope everyone is doing great here.

Love to all,

Alba
Helpful - 0
Bless you MV for keeping such good track of everyone.  Ladies, whatever you faith, this is the week of miracles for us Catholics/Christians.  So with that in mind I will be offering this entire week for those of you who need a miracle - or anything short of one.  I hope that this week brings hope, peace and joy to all of us - and especially those who are facing surgery and/or other treatment.  God bless you and keep you safe.

MV - your life sounds amazing.  I could get the whole visual of the monks and it was peaceful to just think about.  Thanks for sharing that.  I want to come for a visit!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are all in my thoughts and prayers this week.  I pray for great outcomes and painfree days ahead.  I look forward to alot of Happy Dancing.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.