Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

surgery scheduled

Today has been a very good day. I recieved the results from my ca-125 today. it's NORMAL!!!! They didn't test me for this until I asked for it after my mom told me about it. I also found out that I go for surgery on thursday. I am so glad that such a rush has been put on this, but it is also very distressing how many women are having to play the wait and see game. I don't really understand why. If it can be safely removed why not go for it? I think that due to my family history, my mom had cancer all over her womb and ovaries, my grandmother on my mom's side had cancer somewhere down there, that's why it so important. Luckily they are just going to remove the cysts and leave everything else alone. I've been diagnosed with cysts off and on since I was 16, but they have never been complex. They either went away with birthcontrol or ruptured on their own. I hope you ladies are in my thoughts and prayers. God be with us all...Lena
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
119341 tn?1232563757
I think most of my swelling was from tissue trauma this time around. I don't remember staying so swollen from the lap in 2001 for endo. And yes they do try to get most of the gas out, but they don't get all of it. Just a warning it tastes nasty when belched out. It will leave a nasty taste in your mouth.
Helpful - 0
I actually have cysts on bothovaries so I guess the holes will be about the same on both sides. The doc says they try to get as much of the gas the pump in back out, but they never get it all. it that what most of the swelling comes from? Lena
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
The key hole incision is the best for fast recovery. There will be an one inch incision on right and lift side and one in the belly button. Which ever side your cyst is, this incision will probably be bigger so the can remove the cyst. My first lap back in 2001, what I remember, I was better in a couple of days. That one was for endo. This one was for scar tissue that had my uterus stuck to my abdominal wall. Recovery, I'm still sore from Fridays surgery, but I'm back to work. (Moving slow) But I'm running out of clothes that fit. I'm tempted to get the maternity clothes out. The swelly belly thing sucks.
Helpful - 0
yes the surgery will be laposcopic. All I really know about it is that they go through an incision through the belly and cut them off. How do they get the cysts out after that? I guess I really don't know much about it at all. Have you had it done before? What should I expect?   Lena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.