Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery scheduled for Monday

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be having surgery done on Monday.  My gyn is going to have a general surgeon in on the operation in case of any problems ( I have had problem with surgery in the past).  She is going to take the cyst and the ovary due to the fact that I keep getting these cysts. The nurse said today that my hospital stay will be 1-3 days.  Does this sound righ for a laparotomy (SP) surgery? I am a little worried because I am only 31 and will be losing my last ovary.  I am just trying to keep my faith and rely on God.  I want to thank all of you for getting me through this waiting period.  You have been heaven sent. I pray that I too will be in the 99% club. My CA125 came back today at 8.9:)   Is this a pretty accurate indication that I am cancer free?  I will keep you posted on how things go.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Since I am a preschool teacher, we have scheduled field trips to the Indy. Zoo adn the Childrens Mesuem, and they are two weeks after surgery.  Do any of you think it will be possibel for me to go?  I  hope so, because I would hate to dissappoint my kids.  They are so excited to show me the snakes (they know I am very afraid of them :)  I am also scheduled to do parent/teacher conferences 1 1/2 weeks afer surgery.  Since it only requies me to sit, do yu think this is a good idea?  Just want to let you know that you are all great and I appericate all of the prayers.  God bless you all.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, at least the date is set and you know what you are going to have done.  Sounds like you have prepared yourself.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
1-3 days sounds right.  Ihope all goes well for you.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear you will be losing your only ovary, but it will be nice to get rid of the problem and move on with your life.  I had to have a complete hysterectomy 4 weeks ago.  I was very disappointed, but had endo bad where I had no choice.

I pray for you and wish you well.  You WILL join us on the recovery side.  See you there soon.  keep us posted.

Shelly Belly
Helpful - 0
Good luck with your surgery.

I am sorry that they will have to remove your only ovary.  But at least you will get rid of this problem and feel good again.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Alba
Helpful - 0
Good luck on the surgery- I used to get so sick after surgery- dizziness, nauseousness- I also experience motion sickness when flying or going on a cruise.  I found a solution = the transoderm patch  used for motion sickness can also be used for patients who require anesthesia.  I had my ovaries and a cyst removed last week, used the patch and No after effects from the surgery.  good luck  kah22
Helpful - 0

Who performed the surgery to correct the leak?  Did your gyn come back in or was the surgeon on call/duty?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.