Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

more bad news

okay so I went to see my surgeon this morning for a follow up on my recent abdominal surgery today and what I got was more bad news.  I know this has nothing to do with my ovarian problems-(Dr. appt. on monday)-, but this sucks.  He told me that hes worried that a fistula has formed and wants me to watch it carefully.  If I have ~any~ weird symptoms I am to call him immediately and/or go to the ER.  This is just great.  Im now more discouraged than ever, I dont want any more surgery.  If I get more bad news on Monday, Im gonna have a breakdown.  I just want to feel better, is that too much to ask?  Do any of my insides function properly?  

SAD SAD PATTY.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so sorry your mom is having such a hard time.  When I was first diagnosed with cancer I went through a depression. But with time and adjustment I did get through it.  Perhaps you should discuss with your mom's doctor an antidepressant for her?  Many many cancer patients take one as a standard course of treatment.  Going through cancer is very hard on your seratonin levels.  God Bless!
Helpful - 0
my mom has just had her third round of chemo, carboplatin, she is complaining of tingling legs and was worried it was a blood clot, has anyone any experience of this.  Also she seems very down, she doesnt talk very  much,never smiles and she wont let my dad out of her sight, so he cant go any where he just stays in and cares for her.  This is years away from what she was like pre diagnosis, she was bubbly and outgoing and they both led very independent lives. She seems wrapped in her own world of misery, Will things ever be normal again.
Helpful - 0
Hi Patty, Just saying Hi and sorry to hear about the *&&^% fistula.  YES it totally sucks, especially as you are so young.  Do you have anybody to support you?  I know you said your mom passed away from breast cancer.  My heart goes out to you Kiddo.  Hopefully Monday you can get a good, thorough check up and get some better news...get that mammogram scheduled... etc.  Try to think positively...
Take care, Love Katie
Helpful - 0
thanks wubbie.  I was just venting a little. Yes, he was very specific with me.  I know there are others out there worse off than  me....but it still sucks to be this young with all these health issues.  Thanks again.  Patty.
Helpful - 0
Patty~
At least a fistula is repairable! :) And sometimes they resolve on their own.
Your doc didn't tell you what kind of 'weird' symptoms? How will you know it's weird?
*fingers crossed* for you
~Mare
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.