Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery went okay

Hi ladies, just wanted to post an update on my surgery yesterday.   What they found was a bit unexpected.  The cyst was an endometrioma, but for some reason the the ovary and cyst had twisted to the point it has fused to my uterus.  Surgery took a little longer than expected.  They had to remove the tubes and everything on the right side.  The doctor said it was just a mess on that side.  The tubes were all clogged up with old blood which would explain the dark black spotting I've been having before each period.  
I'm in a lot of pain today.  I had to stay overnight due to nausea and vomitting we could not seem to get rid of.  I don't take to meds very well.  

Now, just hoping my left side will be good to me.  I've had large cysts on that side before that have caused  alot of pain, but he said everything looked okay on that side so he didn't want to mess with it.

Glad it's done, and that all is well.  Just hoping these darn gas bubbles will get out.  They are causing the majority of the pain down there.

I'm so happy to have found this board and will continue to monitor it.  Your words of wisdom have been so helpful to me.

5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Glad to hear that you are on the Recovery Side.  Take it easy and let your body heal.  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Glad you're back! Hope the pain's not too unbearable for you...
just be strong and know that we're all thinking about you and wishing you and your kids the best.

I hope you have people around to help you around the house???

Take care,
Dess
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I know what you mean about the gas. I had a gas bubble lodged in my right shoulder that cause me some pain.
I'm glad to hear everything went ok. And your on the recovery side. Take it easy and no lifting.
Helpful - 0
All in all that sounds like good news!  You rest and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
I'm glad to hear that things went well.  Take it easy and let your body heal. Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.