Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To Frightened Silly

Laura,
I don't know if you're logging on but I hope you are feeling better. Has the chest and abdominal pain eased yet?

Just hope you're doing well.
Christina
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Laura,

I guess it just takes time and the patience to deal with this.
Sleeping has actually been the most uncomfortable with me. Not being able to really move or turn was making my back and neck ache too so I wasn't able to ever get comfortable enough to sleep well. Last night I actually moved to a recliner and got some decent sleep which gave me so much more energy today.

Luckily, I did not get the gas pain in the shoulders. I was warned about it from family and friends but thankfully escaped the pain you describe. I have been able to manage the rest of the aching and so have not had to take any pain relievers.

I read a post yesterday from someone who would get really nauseous and vomit after surgery. This time she used a motion sickness patch and didn't experience that at all. Too late now but I'm going to keep that in mind if there's ever a next time. Thought I'd mention it to you since you said you had the same effects.
Well, hope you only continue to feel better.

Warm regards,
Christina
Helpful - 0
Hi Christina,

I've had problems logging onto the Internet (still have the ole' dial up system).  

I'm feeling a lot better today.  Monday and yesterday were really rough.  Yesterday, the pain from the gases used to distend my abdomen reeked havoc on my system.  A friend told me I'd feel as if I had been stabbed in my chest and shoulders.  She wasn't kidding.  The pain was breath taking!!  I was also exhausted because I couldn't get comfortable to sleep.  I finally slept some today and took a good two-hour nap earlier.

How are you feeling?  Have you been able to manage your pain well?  I really hope you're recovery is going smoothly.  

Best wishes!!!
Laura  

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.