Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Emergency Surgery

Just wanted to let everyone know that I ended up having emergency surgery Wed. night.  Ended up that the right ovary twisted cutting of blood supply causing the ovary to die and also ended up with bleeding into my abdomen.  They removed the ovary and I am now recovering from the whole ordeal.  Still on real good drugs so off to bed I go.  Thanks for all your support.
Terri
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just need a little advice~~ I am 35 and was blessed with 3 wonderful children. Back in the 80's I had my right ovary removed because of cysts, so I was very lucky to have my three kids. I went to the doctor because we have been trying for over a year to get pregnant again, and he said that I have cysts in my left ovary and that he wants to do a complete hysterectomy. I was just wondering if anyone has been through what I have and became pregnant with cysts in their ovary. I would like to try and get pregnant and then do the surgery. Please email me at ***@**** with any answers before I do this surgery, I dont want to feel empty inside and am very scared at my young age...
Helpful - 0
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you had to have emergency surgery; however, I'm glad everything turned out ok for you.  Your story sounds similar to mine.  I had surgery last week to have a 5.7cm cyst removed on my ovary & the doctor told me that the cyst was twisted around the fallopian tube.  He had to snip the tube & re-sew it to release the cyst.  He said that was what was causing me the pain due to the fact that it was cutting off the blood flow.  I'm recovering now & every day is getting better.  Now if I could just get rid of my allergies & the vertigo that goes along with it, it would make my recovery of the cyst so much easier.  Good luck to you in your recovery!
Helpful - 0
If you are concerned about your fertility, try not to be.  I had no problem getting pregnant three times, with one ovary.  AND that ovary had cysts removed from it surgically twice before I tried to conceive.  Soooo it was even a little less than one complete ovary.  Had enough hutzpah to keep me going til I was 48...but I had adhesions and it got stuck to my ovary (maybe it was lonely).  But really one can do the job of two no problem!
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
Terri, Thank God that we have the option of emergency surgery.  I guess  you know that your very life was in danger, and I too am glad to see you on the RS.  Yes, if you are interested in that aspect of your future, the statistics on fertility after losing an ovary are excellent.  And that is not a statistic that we just pulled from some site on the internet... I can back up that  statistic  with the experiences of at least three women who are either close friends or family!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, it is gone now, so let your body heal and enjoy the drugs!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Gosh eh, that's terrible.  So sorry to hear about that, you must have been in awful pain.  Enjoy the drugs and take it very easy....
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
Terri,
I am sorry that you had to go thru that.  How large large was your cyst before it went into torsion?  Maybe now your problems with pelvic issues will be over.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.