Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cyst possible after Menopause?

Can someone tell me if its possible to even get  a cyst after menopause.I had U/S done this morning and pap & biospy last week no results yet of course.I had spotting and light bleeding for 3 days last week. I am mild cramps but not all the time. But low pain even if i just walk a block. Tech told me this morning if there was something really wrong or life threathing they would call my doctor and not let me leave. But just how much does in U/S really show? My last period was 18 months ago
Any advice is greatly appericated.
Linda
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Linda,age 54,

I too am postmenopausal; it being 3 years now and have a cyst.  My ovaries are also a bit prominent for a postmenopausal woman.  My doctor told me that the ovaries do not shut off immediately after menses stops and so cysts can develop.  I am waiting to see one more doctor in deciding to have my cyst removed.  Write down all your questions you have for your doctor.  It is amazing how we forget to ask the very thing that has been on our minds.  Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome.  Yes, you can get a cyst after menopause.  Even though, you have paused your ovaries still make a small amount of hormones.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.