Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Battalion Weekly

Happy Easter/Passover my Cysters!
     This will be a week of prayer and waiting as at least eight of our sisters will be having their surgeries this week.  Sonie will be having surgery and we will be keeping a close eye out for her and Whatfiftybucks who is also dealing with major post-op issues like Sonie.  We will watch out for her Sonie, what are Sister's for!  
     The week will be led by Kasie (Fungirl) who deserves a disturbance free recovery after all she went through when she had her first ovary removed!  We will wait here for you Kasie and count on you to be here when your Surgery Cysters check into the RS!
     Fabmomfour and Northgeorgiagirl(Cathy) are having their surgeries on Tuesday.  They have both been doing the crazy nesting thing all week!  Remember doing that before babies were born, Oh boy do I!  Things occur to you like, Gee, I never scrubbed this door before!  I wonder why?  Amazing what we see when nesting!
     Image, Beverly (albeverly714) and the Professor (LitDoc) are all having their surgeries on Wednesday.  Surgery Sisters the three of them!  I, for one, will be so glad to hear back from these new Cysters as they have captured my heart already!
     Mandybell has her surgery on Friday, hope we hear from you before Cyber Party on Saturday Mandy!  Will raise a toast to you either way!
      Shari (Scaredmomof3) has her surgery on Saturday but is certainly not alone given she has this whole Battalion behind her!  Shari, we are so glad to hear from you!M  Joey was such a good friend to share you with us! Lotsa Love! MV
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
132752 tn?1273342273
Thoughts and prayers are with everyone...God bless!
Helpful - 0
Okay, the pressure is on.  I have got my list of things to do, and one day left to finish....aahhh!  My DH wanted to know if I was planning to stay at the hospital for a while and reminded me that he actually knows how to clean a toilet and fold a load of laundry LOL.  I just can't help myself.  I'll just chalk it up to nervous energy!  Strangely, my belly button has been aching for the last couple of days.  I am not sure what that is all about??  
Just wanted to thank everyone for watching and waiting with me and for contributing some great information on this forum.  It has been a great sorce of information and comfort from women who actually understand how I feel.  I will be stopping by here and there today, but otherwise I am off at 7am tomorrow, so my thoughts and prayers are with the rest of the ladies having surgery this week, especially Northgeorgiagirl who shares my surgery day. Best wishes ladies!
Helpful - 0
I appreciate all the thoughts, and prayers. I need them right now. the waiting game is hard. I will be relieved when Saturday comes, but I am also so scared of what they are going to tell me. Thank you everyone!!   Shari
Helpful - 0
you have a great heart, one in which i want. She is doing wonderful.  She did tell me she wanted a new lady because i scream to much lol.. oh well i guess i will send out the flyers and have some people come in and be interviewed to see if she likes them :)
Helpful - 0
Good luck to all.  Especially to those of you trying to get patched up from the first surgeries.  I will be thinking of you.
Helpful - 0
Good wishes to all of you...looking forward to the cyber party next Sat to find out you are all well!
Helpful - 0
How do you remember everyones surgeries???
Helpful - 0
My prayers and positive thoughts go out to all of you!! We are waiting for you on the RS!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.