Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
117289 tn?1391712825

Adhesions - What kind of pain do they cause?

My 3 cm cyst had disappeared (I think The Battalion scared it off!!)  Anyway, I still have pain, mostly in the left pelvic area sometimes shooting down to the groin.  Also have lower back pain going down in the butt cheek area.  Could this be scar tissue or adhesions?  I will be talking to my Dr. re: results of the tvus in a few days.  Any help or suggestions about where to go now would be very helpful.  Also, I do not have an ovary on the left side.  Thank you so much ladies!
~Tascha
23 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks so much for the information- I copied it and will start to roll after I heal.  I'm to going to pass the information on to friends of mine who are not on the forum.  I heard from others on the forum that knew have great advice . Thanks for you help  kathy
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi Kah22. I am copying from an earlier post. I have to send you to another thread and it is further down on this forum.

I know it is very long. But, I went into the description of how to do the rolling and how I did it with a ball from Target.

Here is the thread.........................

Questions and Answers About Adhesions (Surgical) - Mary 53 04/14/2006

No, it is not used with an exercise ball like a Pilate's ball. And, I try to explain as much as I can. It helped so very much that I was stunned and I am eternally grateful to my teacher.

Boy, how long to wait until you start? I am just not sure how to answer that. Since it involves really lying hard into the ball, you certainly want to be very healed.

Take some time to check out the post where I described all of this and see what you think. You will be amazed if you try it, but I certainly would wait awhile....Let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Just a thought...you might want to print it out and read it when you are relaxed. I did put a lot of information there and this way you can refer to it when you need to. Although, once you do it ...it is like riding a bike!!! You will never forget. Take care...Mary
Helpful - 0
How long after surgery do I have to wait to start rolling. Had laproscopic, both ovaries, fallopian tubes  one tumor and a cyst gone. Hysterectomy when I was 30  I never heard of rolling!.  Do I get one of those big exercise balls the thin ladies use on the exercise channels.  Do you think I'll lose weight and well as adhesions.  My left side hurts as much now as it did before surgery.  I thought I had been doing too much. I guess not. Thanks for the info  Kathy
Helpful - 0
That's so good to hear!  Physio has my husband (torn bicep)rolling around his back, shoulder and arm on something similar, it's a very dense white foam small tube shape.....like about 2' long and 6" in diameter....he loves it....same idea I think....
Cheers, Katie
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Wow...I love success stories. Seriously, my Dentist's wife is an exercise teacher. The last time I was at the dentist, I told my doc that I had a business idea for his wife. When I said that she should advertise that she could help women with adhesion problems..and I mentioned the ball, my doc said..."too much, my wife had me roll on a ball last night for a sore shoulder!" He knew all about it. I swear it is a well-kept secret...Well, not a sceret any longer for the women of the battalion,right???

I am at the point where I have to "Roll"only about two to three times a year for about 15 minutes a pop...I start on the pelvic bone and roll out to where the ovaries once were and then back to the bone and then the other side. I am still amazed...and so grateful that I found out about this.

Take care, Mary
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Geez, I wonder if we can franchise this??  THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I did some more last night and I swear it is getting better!  I will recommend it to everyone!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Awesome!!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I went to the website and checked it out.  I do have softballs (of course you know they are not really soft! lol) here at home, so on a lark thought I would try the lower back excercise.  Ouch!!!  It hurt, but after "rolling" around for  a while - still tender mind you, I got up walked around and dang if I did not feel better!!!  This morning the one spot on my lower back is sore (kinda feels bruised), but the nagging down the butt cheek pain is not there!!  I am going to do this again tonight after work.  Mary, I think we have something here.
My only other concern now is the constant uterin cramp I have.  Not to worry, as I will be discussing that with the dr. in the next day or so.  So Ladies of The Battalion - Let's get Rolling!!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hey everyone...Yes...we have to lick this pain. I swear I did find help. Even my doctor was amazed and he copied the information...

Would I be horrible if I posted and left for a bit? I missed Idol last week thanks to all of the controversy on the Hysterectomy forum and all of the typing/responding I had done (which they have erased now!)....Ok...Gee, guessing I'm not totally over that whole thing?

I am going to refer you to my post below. I know it is very long. But, I went into the description of how to do the rolling and how I did it with a ball from Target.

Here is the thread.........................

Questions and Answers About Adhesions (Surgical) - Mary 53 04/14/2006
Oh gee, I see there are a ton of new posts which I have not read yet.

I will check in soon, I promise. Dinner and Idol and then I will be back. Love, Mary
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I still have my uterus, so could there be something else going on?  Remember I got that period 3 months postop (when I was told I had menopaused) and it lasted 7 days.  Not spotting, but a constant full blown period from hell for 7 days.  I never bled like that before.  I just want this to be over with.  It is just so agrivating.  ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Yes, my sister warrior, we are strong.  We just need to let off a little steam now and then.  I am going to get to the bottom of this and hopefully get us some answers.  They have to be out there somewhere.  I am going to try the body rolling this evening.  I found a ball around the house that looks like it matches up with the ones on that website.  I will let you know how I feel afterwards.  Have to take my daughter to  softball practice and then DI (destination imagination) practice afterwards.  Luv ya sis!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
What about the constant "menstral cramp" feeling?  Could that also be adhesions, or is that something else entirely??
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Ok I just want you to know that "sucks canal water" is going to be my new phrase.  I love it - absolutely love it.  

It does suck canal water that after going through all the surgery you then must deal with the adhesion ****.  I found a ball at tj max - it actually was a set of two about the size of softballs and it came with a book - it seems like a body rolling type set.  I tried it yesterday  and it seemed to help the pressure I feel on my bowel when I bare down.  

Mary you certainly deserve to see idol - my goodness we do keep you busy.  BTW - I wanted to tell all of you that I tested out the "you know what that I might be missing since I don't have a uterus but can't miss what I maybe never had" thing.  And would just like to note.........doesn't seem to be a problem here~  

Hang in there Tascha you poor thing - you just don't need this.

Deb
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
http://yamunabodyrolling.com/

Here is the exact web address for the body rolling.

Mary
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Testing is good :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, doesn't this just suck canal water!!  Have surgery to get rid of one problem, only to have the surgery itself cause another!  Talk about damned of you do and damned if you don't.  Well, I wonder if you have to buy that special ball for the body rolling or if any will do.  Being the sporting household that we are, we have plenty of balls around the house and I really hate to just go out and buy another one!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi Tascha, I have the same pain as you and on the same side although when it is extrememly bad both sides and whole groin area hurt so bad I can hardly walk and end up in bed for a few days. It is ridiculous!! The only thing all four doctors (well three and the sonographer never even got to talk to one doctor)
agree on is that it probably is adhesions. So this fourth doc is doing my lap on May 5th and I'll let you know what it actually turns out to be. I'm also going to try the body rolling once I'm able after the surgery because they say the surgery can create more. Oh one more thing they can cause is pain when when going to the bathroom. (or trying to go in my case) Dawn is right they tend to grow outward looking for anything to attach to or wrap around. The doc showed me pictures and they are quite gross and can get quite large!
Take care and God Bless.
Hugs,
Darlyn
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thank you for you help and support!  I tell you, it just doesn't stop, does it?  I plan on asking my dr. plenty of questions when I talk to him this week.  Any suggestions?  Thanks again!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thanks so much for the support.  I just want to feel well again!  I remember seeing the posts about "rolling".  I guess I could give it a try.  What can or do the dr.s do about this?  Anything?  Nothing?  I really cannot see myself on pain meds for the rest of my life!  I know I am whining a bit, others on this site have much more at stake than I, but I just had to let off some steam!!  Whew, that feels a bit better, lol.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hey, Tascha. I just had to reply! I am still struggling at 4 weeks post op. I have more pain now than before surgey!! I don't know what it is or even if I could do anything for it if I knew! I think I will be having a little chat with the designer of this female reproductive system when I get up there!!! And if anyone brings up Eve and that stupid apple I will punch them!

One thing I found out the hard way...don't skip the IB 800!! We wondered why the surgeon gave me 5 months worth on the scrip...now I know! I am also fighting with my digestive system. If I let it get even a little sluggish my pain GREATLY increases. Don't know if it is actually the bowels or the added pressure that they put on the other "innards".

I have arthritis in my hips so I don't know what pain is caused by what. I had the "glued and twisted" thing going on, too. Also alot of endo and adheasions so it is a **** shoot as to the cause of any one pain or ache.

I am sorry you are still dealing with this &@!#^*%. You were one of the first ones that struck me as a "regular" who knew her stuff here when I started in January. And you are still here to give out the support. Alot of new names now as people get better and don't post as much. I am sad you are still here but as we have found out that OVCA can be  a "chronic" cancer I think for many of us the gyno issues are also doomed to be chronic. I wonder if we had started attacking these things earlier...I'm  and had 5 kids, that we would have had better luck. Gee, sounds like I'm giving up, I'm not just wondering. Back when I was younger they did nothing for these gyno issues except yank everything out. No dx of anything...just get rid of it and go on, often still in misery.

So no real help here, just a sorry, friend! ANd hope you get better soon!    Cindi
Helpful - 0
Hi Tascha,

Congratuations the cyst has gone, I'm pleased, some good kama must be coming back to you after all the positive thoughts and prayers you send out to everyone else. You deserve it!!
Hopefully, I can help you with this one - I have pain in the same areas, the pain shoot's down to my groin, it's also in my lower back and goes into the butt cheek then down to my leg. I thought it was all from the Endo but since I'm post op it can't be so I think it must be from the scarring and adhesions resulting from the Endo which I was told I have. I really feel for you and appreciate how painful this is, hopefully the Battalion can find a way of frightening off pain.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Same here!  I thought I was losing what is left of my mind,lol.  I hope Mary posts soon!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hey Tascha~  I get a stabbing pain every now and then - not constant very intermittantly.  Mary knows a lot about adhesion (and most everything else!)  Have a great day~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.