Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

getting concerned

hey again starting to worry 11 years ago 1 year after hysterectomy diagnosed with chronic constipation (lovely breakfast talk) sorry in advance. Anyway had to take lax.'s twice a week up to 9 months ago suddenly was doing just fine in that area. Last week every other day diahrea. steadily getting worse. left message w/nurse yesterday seemed like she ignored it. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Prayers and best wishes going out to the ladies having surgery.

And do you think it would be alright for me to warn all of the first timers about laxative use after surgery that's what started my problem due to the gas they give you?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
When did you see GI doctor- did he recommend a colonoscopy?  I am worried about you.  This is not normal.  I had the same problem years ago - couldn't stop going- I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis- went on meds for a while.  After everything healed I was fine.  good luck and keep in touch. Please call ASAP
Kathy
Helpful - 0
I went through this for 11years constant laxative use then suddenly 9 months ago bowel started working on it's own I should have been suspicious then but just felt blessed no more lax's now though with diareah increasing daily I'm really worried

And yes! most weeks of that 11 year span was H#*L!
Helpful - 0
thanks Kathy, I did see a GI and that is what he diagnosed. See I started with the hard stuff Correctol and Ex-lax should have used mild or natural like you but I didn't know and I was miserable after a year it was too late GI said bowel had turned lazy.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Ughh!!! I agree, get an appointment as soon as you can.  You really should not have that problem.  I hope you feel better soon!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I don't think the problem if from laxatives after surgery.  My suggestion is to see a gastroenterologist.  This is not normal I have IBS and had 5 surgeries in the past 7 years- took Swiss Kriss a mild laxative from the health food store(One tablet only after surgery -(NO GAS) I have never experienced what you are going through - call today for an appointment. keep in touch- I'll be here on a leave for laproscopic surgery for ovary/cyst/tumor removal.  kathy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.