Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

results and need help

Okay here goes.  In jan i had a cyst that was 10.2cm behind my uterus.  I got a second opinion and he sent me to get a ct scan and ca125 done.  The ct scan showed 2 cysts one was 5.4cm and the other 3cm.  The ca125 came back 37.  So i just came back from my second US and ca125.  The results for the blood i wont get yet but i got a copy of my us.  this is what is says, I am so confused at what is going on...

This is also just a preliminary report because my onc wanted it asap so he could see it after he was done in the OR.  

Okay

KIDNEYS: right- 10.6  ?  one cortical cyst with thin septation in upper pole- 1.3 x 1.7 x 1.1cm

left: 11.6 cm no focal lesions.

UTERUS: 8.4 x 5.4x 4.6cm.  endomerium 5mm, no focal lesions in uterus.

OVARIES:  right: 3.2 x 3.4 x 2.8cm normal follicles seen.
          left: 4.6x 4.7x 2.7cm one hemorrhagic cyst inside
          3.3 x 2.4 x 1.8cm

normal blood flow in both ovaries no free fluid.

Rk- septated cyst
L ovary- hemorrhagic cyst.

Now so here are some questions.. What is septated? That one isnt bad right because of the size?  doesnt have to be remvoed?

the cyst inside the ovary that has to be removed right?

also how come the results are all different.  I am symptomatic and I am sure that I have endo too.  If i do have endo they can they see it on here?  Ah man this sucks I dont understand all of this but I am sure you all will  

any info would be great

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI! I have a kidney cyst as well. Mine is 11cm... septated means there is a thin wall withing the cyst seperating it. Nothing to really worry about unless it becomes a complex cyst. (meaning they find solid material in it). My Urologist sends me for US every 4-6 months to keep an eye on it for changes.
Hope this helps!
Donna
Helpful - 0
this is the thing, maybe it wasnt even 10cm they read it wrong, but how cana ct scan and an us done 6 days apart be different?  and the one in the ovary if its called hemmorgic (sp?) could that be an endometrioma?  I am nauseas and its getting worse.  I think that its in my bowels.  Doesnt the one in the ovary have to be removed anyways?  I dont know let me know I am so confused.

what is an upper pole?
Helpful - 0
I think the CT and the US read different sizes bec of the views. I have  had numerous ones done and the sizes always vary between the CT and the US... My ovarian cyst always appears smaller on the CT. Same with my fibroides. The kidney cyst however is pretty even on both tests maybe because it is so big it is easier to see??

Donna
Helpful - 0
So now what?  what is right the CT or the US?  He would have to go in anyways no?
Helpful - 0
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i cant scream at work  lololol

jfdl cjda;sofidao;ifwqpofjerq=34 9fe[afda
Helpful - 0
I would think because of the size of your OV cyst they would want to go in and remove it.  Do you know how long you have had it?
I have had mine over a year, finally having it removed on 4/24... a bit nervous about the surgery...
Helpful - 0
AT LEAST SINCE LAST OCT THAT IS WHEN THE PAIN STARTED BUT THE NAUSEA STARTED WELL BEFORE SUMMER.  sO AT LEAST A YEAR.  i DONT THINK THAT THE SIZE HAS CHANGED I THINK THAT THE FIRST RESULTS WERE DONE MY IDIOTS . i THINK THAT HE IS GOING TO OPERATE BUT WE WILL SEE.  i FOR SURE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS ENDO I DO HAVE BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT I DO.  sINCE 15
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.