Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Diagnosed with Cancer today

Hi, I've posted in the past and you have all been very helpful.  Today I was diagnosed with oc stage III.  I'd love to hear some positive stories of people fighting this.
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I remember you from a couple months back when you were unsure.  Keep us posted as you begin your journey.  We will be your cyber support system.  You can share your feelings with us and always have a listening ear.  I am sorry for your diagnosis but now that battle lines are drawn, I know your are prepared to win the fight.
Kristie
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm a fellow member of the 1% club, also diagnosed with IIIC.  I read from one of your previous posts that you are 38. OvCa at any age is tough, but being younger makes it seem a bit more of a shock.  I am 36 and was diagnosed in August '05.  I had a 44cm mass removed, then started chemo about three weeks later.  I did really well with the surgery, but the chemo was rough.  That part is true for most everyone.  As the others here have said, try not to let it get you down, physically or mentally.  Do what you have to do to get through it, because it is worth it in the end.  I finished chemo the last week of December, and although it took awhile, I feel better than ever.  There are some wonderful women here who have traveled this same road, so you'll always find a sympathetic ear and a place to recharge your "fightin' batteries".  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

God bless, and many prayers as you begin this journey.  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Hi, sorry about your OC. I remember the day I was told and I thought well at least I know what it is now and lets get on with it, and that was almost three years ago. I am still fighting the disease. I Pray that they got most of it out and you are now on your Chemo path (YUCK!) I have the Chemo down to less than a week recovery now as long everything goes right. I am 47 could not believe how young you are... Hope to see your Posts along the way.
Helpful - 0
Hello, Lisa....one day you will wear your membership to the 1% club as a badge of honor! You will stand proud and tall when you come out on the other side of the chemo battle! You will be unwavering in your strength and confidence.....VICTORY WILL BE YOURS IN THIS BATTLE!
You are hearing from some of us belonging to that elite club......the strength and wisdom and confidence of these women is unmistakeable......we are honored to be able walk the line with you......please let us help.
We all have been where you are....questions roll in like 20 foot waves....they knock you down over and over....the sand will eventually quit shifting and you will land on your feet...it will happen. The fear and anxiety will get a good hold, but eventually you will control those emotions as well.....it takes time and patience.
Lisa, you are a young woman....you are strong...even stronger because you are not alone....breathe deeply, arm yourself with knowledge, plan a course of action and get on with it.
Pllease know that emotions are not right or wroong....they are what they are , and they are all justified and serve a purpose...just don't let fear hang around too long. Come here...come to this place....I will check for you every day..if you want my e-mail I will provide it.
Peace will be with you in your quiet moments.
dian
Helpful - 0
Hi cyster, I too joined the 1% club just 6 weeks ago. I was diagnosed with stage IIc after a TAH/BSO. I am 45 years old. I had a CA125 of 699 prior to surgery, it was 126 after one round of chemo and 29.5 after the second round. I'm going to beat the monster and you can too. I won't kid you, it is not an easy journey. But it can be done and the cysters here will be with you every step of the way. Lots of prayer and positive thinking can go a long way in your recovery. If you need to whine, cry or vent, we are here to listen. You are not alone.
Helpful - 0
Thank you to all who replied!
Helpful - 0
I am too sorry that you are having to deal with this. After reading some of the other ladies' success stories, I am sure you will be writing your own very soon! The women on this site are so supportive, so remember we are here to support you and keep you in our positive thoughts.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Lisa I am so sorry that you have to fight this battle and I wish you all the very best. We will all be praying for you. I'm sure there are lots more positive outcomes besides Tellme's and hopefully those wonderful women will be along shortly to share their stories with you.

Tellme, good luck for Tuesday. Hope all goes really well and that you get a great result!

Lots of luv and hugs to both of you!

Beverley
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry for this news.  I will keep you in my heart and in my prayers as you deal with this.  A diagnosis of cancer really rocks your world.  It is probably hard to imaine how your life will ever be "normal" again.  From my own cancer experience I can tell you that your life will never be the same but it will be a new normal.  I hope you find, like I did, that you see so many things with different eyes.  You appreciate so many things that you hardly noticed before.  I did a lot of meditation and other type things to help me get to peace and serenity.  I truly believe that those things facilitate the healing process and help your body to fight back.  I believe that you will be one of the success stories.  

Like Tascha said, you are not alone.  Lean on us any time~  God bless.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Remember the Battalion is here for you any time you need us!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi Lisa,
I am very sorry that you are having to face this news. I know it can't be easy. What have the doctors told you as regards where and treatment? You know you can and will fight this. I was diagnosed 20yrs ago with stage 3 aswell and had surgery and chemo. I went all these years living a very healthy full life. I am going in for surgery on Tuesday as I have another mass that they suspect could be cancer. I know I will fight this aswell.
I wish you all the strength to get through this.  Be positive and strong. Much love and peace. S
Helpful - 0
Oh my gosh you have my sympathies and support!  I'm still going through the testing stages and praying I just have a big cyst.

But you want good news.  My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 two years ago at age 67.  After the surgery and 6 months of chemo, she has had 16 chemo-free months and is doing great.   She goes every 2 or 3 months to get checked, and so far so good!  I was really pleasantly surprised.  My mom gets nauseous really easily, and she never threw up.  Also she has blood pressure issues and a bad family history of heart disease, yet she is doing great with no seeming long-term side-effects of the chemo.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Suz
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I am so very sorry that you are having to go  through this. I do have a dear friend, a woman I used to Nanny for...who has a sister in law who was diagnosed with Stage III ovarian cancer. It is 9 years later now and she is doing great.

We are here for you as you know.

Warmly, Mary
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  It's never easy to hear a diagnosis of cancer.  All I can say is to do your best to surround yourself with positives (people, of course) and keep your physically strong.  Don't be afraid to ask for help...in whatever way you might need it.  
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
110491 tn?1274481937
Lisa, sorry to hear, I know what you are going through, I've been there in November 2005 and felt bulldozed; actually I still feel that way because let me tell you, time went fast and it's all a big blur. I remember surgery coming down on me really quick and then it was off to the chemosuite after I decided to go for it and now it's done and I will probably hear tomorrow that I am in remission with a low CA marker and clean CT scan. So now I am catching my breath and think, wow, what just happened?

I was horrified of the chemo but it was okay (and I am a big baby). My oncologist told me he finds women are very strong, much stronger than men, and that I am strong too. I said no I am not and he said yes, you are. And he was right.

Go with the flow, the surgery, the chemo, and keep your fingers crossed. Stay strong, try to laugh a lot (this forum can help with that sometimes) and eat well. All the best to you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.